Civil Engineering Designer (AutoCAD Civil 3D)
Denver, CO Area
Number of Openings:
Our client is one of the top-performing engineering services firm in the world, with an unrivalled industry reputation for delivering critical public infrastructure that keeps the world running. Their extensive project portfolio includes luxury hotels, resorts, casinos, municipal infrastructure, traffic engineering, educational facilities, large commercial venues, and luxury high-rises. They are hiring a Civil Designer to develop civil engineering designs for high-profile architecture and land development projects.
The Civil Designer is a key member of the engineering team, with responsibility for product designs and various projects in the public and private sectors. They will collaborate with a team of civil engineers and PMs to provide outstanding engineering designs and construction documents.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(K), life & disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and flexible schedule.
- Company consistently wins bids for landmark projects.
- Company culture of investing in employee through career advancement, training, and continuing education opportunities.
- Pure engineering and design position to develop engineering career by immediately working on a variety of projects.
- Employees have the resources to develop very deep technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Executive management is committed to providing engineering team with best and newest tools and engineering software.
- Employee culture of over-performance and high quality standards.
- Outstanding company culture with supportive management and friendly workplace.
- Lots of support and training resources available for someone who wants to learn and fast track their engineering.
- High level of independence and freedom to design and give feedback on projects.
- Develop CAD designs, drawings, plans, exhibits, and maps under the guidance of the engineering team and project manager.
- Complete construction drawings for land development, commercial buildings, roadways, and water management projects. Make calculations as necessary.
- Update, revise, and scale designs as necessary according to client feedback. Work with other internal teams to get designs approved and executed.
- Assist with compliance with zoning laws, DOT regulations, noise level requirements, and utility agencies.
- Develop specialized knowledge surrounding water management systems (sewers, storm drains, flood control, and more).
- 4+ years of industry experience in civil design for the engineering or construction industry. Design certifications or training courses are a strong plus.
- Proficiency with engineering design software, including:
- Design in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- 2D design software is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or another discipline.
- Experience with grading or drainage is a strong plus.
- EIT or PE certification is a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.