Civil Design Engineer (Land Development)
Las Vegas, NV
Number of Openings:
Our client is one of the top-performing engineering services firm in the world, with an unrivalled industry reputation for delivering critical public infrastructure that keeps the world running. Their extensive project land development portfolio includes innovative flood control systems, major highway design, state-of-the-art water management systems, universities, landmark architecture, and even integrating new smart city technology. They are hiring a Civil Design Engineer to provide design expertise for a range of land development projects in the Las Vegas area.
The Civil Design Engineer will have a high level of responsibility over various design projects for a range of end clients in the public and private sectors. They will work with a tightly knit team of engineers with decades of combined experience in land development projects. These projects have a top priority of world-class project execution and quality.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses.
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(K) match, life & disability insurance, and flexible hours.
- Consistently wins bids for well-known landmark projects.
- Industry reputation for delivering excellent results on time, at or under budget.
- Executive management is committed to providing engineering team with best and newest tools and engineering software.
- Employee culture of over-performance and high quality standards.
- Extensive advancement opportunities: tuition reimbursement, skills training, and more.
- Strong culture of mentorship and career advancement through training and promotions.
- Outstanding company culture with supportive management and friendly workplace.
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of project types.
- Flawless company safety record.
- Unrivalled execution and delivery on all major projects.
- Experienced leadership with over two decades of combined engineering experience.
- Partnerships with local charities to give back to the community.
- Oversee civil engineering design projects, including cost estimate preparation, construction drawings, and design documentation.
- Act as a design expert and resource for the engineering and project management teams.
- Assist with major proposals and approve project timelines, budgets, scope, and project deliverables.
- Conduct design analysis and calculations as necessary.
- Verify that correct permits for utilities and local governments have been obtained for projects.
- Interface with top clients to apprise them of project timelines and design specifications.
- Supervise engineering plans and designs.
- 8+ years of experience in civil engineering design, with a focus on land development projects such as flood control systems, drainage, sewers, and roadways.
- Prior experience with major commercial design projects is a plus.
- Proficiency with civil engineering design software:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Microsoft Project
- PE (Professional Engineer) certification in the state of Nevada.
- Strong skills in creating engineering designs and construction drawings in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Nevada building codes and permitting requirements.
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.