Civil Engineer - Hurricane Response Team
Number of Openings:
Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Harvey are projected to be among the costliest natural disasters in U.S. history. Our client specializes in natural disaster and catastrophe response. They are deploying teams to assess storm damage and complete critical documentation so that homeowners and business owners can get the help they need.
The engineer in this position will work with a hurricane response team to complete damage investigations and reports for buildings damaged by wind, rain, and flooding.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and benefits package, including medical insurance, 401(K), and more.
- Opportunity to gain enterprise-level experience within a tightly knit company.
- Strong program for skills development and on-the-job training, and employee advancement.
- Strong potential for promotion as the company grows.
- Enterprise-level funding and large pool of financial resources and software tools.
- Brand new office in scenic downtown area, and top-quality facilities.
- Ranked as one of the most innovative and up-and-coming companies in their niche.
- Leading manufacturer of top emerging technology products.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of innovation.
- Opportunity to have a big impact on the most exciting projects in technology today.
- High level of responsibility over budgets, reports, project goals, and processes.
- Conduct on-site investigation and damage assessments in the wake of Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Harvey.
- Assess storm damage claims for residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
- Determine cause of structural failure for a range of building types.
- File timely documentation describing the extent of damage in affected buildings, total loss reports, site investigation reports, and other related claim documentation.
- 6+ years of experience in civil or structural engineering, or an industry background in construction engineering. Field work and onsite assessment experience is a must.
- Prior experience as part of a catastrophe response team (especially for hurricane, flood, wind, or storm) is a strong plus.
- PE (professional engineer) certification for the states of Texas or Florida.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Able to travel extensively within the affected region; travel expenses covered.
- Note: This is a contract position.