Civil Engineer (Structural, Urban/Commercial)
United States - Major cities
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading nationwide engineering services firm, with an industry reputation for delivering innovative, clean, world-class designs. Previous projects include industrial campuses, major public transit hubs, commercial skyscrapers, universities, mixed-use commercial-residential complexes, public landmark areas, and LEED Gold-certified ecofriendly buildings. They are hiring a Civil Engineer to deliver commercial designs and structural projects in a dense urban environment.
The Civil Engineer will have a high level of responsibility over various design projects for a range of end clients, primarily in the commercial sector. They will work with a tightly knit team of engineers with decades of combined experience to deliver projects to a world-class quality standard.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses.
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(K) match, life & disability insurance, and flexible hours.
- Consistently wins bids for well-known landmark projects.
- Industry reputation for delivering excellent results on time, at or under budget.
- Executive management is committed to providing engineering team with best and newest tools and engineering software.
- Employee culture of over-performance and high quality standards.
- Extensive advancement opportunities: tuition reimbursement, skills training, and more.
- Strong culture of mentorship and career advancement through training and promotions.
- Outstanding company culture with supportive management and friendly workplace.
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of civil and structural project types.
- Flawless company safety record.
- Unrivalled execution and delivery on all major projects.
- Experienced leadership with over two decades of combined engineering experience.
- Partnerships with local charities to give back to the community.
- Oversee civil engineering projects from design to completion, including cost estimate preparation, construction drawings, and design documentation.
- Interface with clients to gather project goals and establish project timeline, major features, and design specifications.
- Assist with commercial design proposals and work with project teams to approve schedule, budgets, design features, SOW, and deliverables.
- Verify that ROW and permit documentation for utilities and local governments have been obtained for projects.
- Conduct design calculations where necessary. Act as a design expert and resource for the engineering and project management teams.
- Supervise engineering plans and designs.
- 7+ years of experience in civil engineering and design, with a focus on architectural and structural projects. Experience in construction engineering or general contracting is also a plus.
- Prior experience with major commercial design projects is a plus.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Microsoft Project or VisioProficiency with civil engineering design software:
- P.E. or S.E. (professional engineer or structural engineer) license.
- Knowledge of state building codes and permitting requirements.
- S. in Civil Engineering.
- Strong skills in drawings, designs, blueprints, and related construction documentation.