Director of Business Development (DAS, Small Cell, Wireless)
United States - Central Region
Number of Openings:
Our client provides market-leading DAS, small cell, signal processing, and wireless solutions in the communications industry. Their nationwide reach and high-quality custom solutions make them the top choice for many marquee customers. They are hiring a Director of Business Development to expand market reach for wireless infrastructure solutions, especially DAS and small cell.
The Director of Business Development will design and execute sales strategy for indoor/outdoor distributed antenna systems (DAS), wireless LAN, 4G/LTE/5G communications equipment, wireless infrastructure, and RF equipment. They will target enterprise customers, carriers, integrators, and other neutral hosts.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and uncapped commissions.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group medical and dental plans, 401(k) company match, disability and life insurance policy options, PTO and holidays, casual office attire, and other perks.
- Heavy support for business development team, including sales engineers, technical staff, field engineers, and sales assistants.
- Strong, stable company with 60+ year history of building high-grade telecommunications components and equipment.
- Opportunity to be part of a team building highly sophisticated wireless solutions within DAS, small cells, Wi-Fi, cellular communications (including 5G) and other advanced network areas.
- Commitment to employee development, including cross-functional skills development, in-house training, and employee continuing education opportunities.
- Design and execute sales strategy to reach enterprise customers, carriers, integrators, and other neutral hosts.
- Meet with top clients to determine business requirements and goals.
- Work with sales engineers and engineering team to create custom RFPs/RFQs.
- Build thriving business relationships within the market region, including distributors, channel partners, third party vendors, and manufacturer reps.
- Conduct in-person equipment demos to clients.
- Manage direct reports within the sales team, and drive sales revenue across the region.
- Build sales and market forecast reports and present recommendations to management.
- 8+ years of advanced business development experience, especially expanding penetration in a large market region.
- Prior experience working for a carrier, neutral host, or DAS OEM.
- Strong relationships with major US carriers.
- Deep experience with technical sales cycle.
- Strong leadership skills, and experience managing and coaching direct reports.
- Technical understanding of wireless infrastructure and equipment, including:
- RF equipment
- DAS (mostly iDAS, some oDAS)
- Small cells
- Passive vs. active components
- Private LTE networks
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and/or equivalent experience.
- Good communication, negotiation, and technical presentation skills.
- Travel is approximately 50%.