Director of Engineering – DSP, Semiconductors, Wireless
Number of Openings:
Our client is one of the largest semiconductor OEMs in the world. They develop market-leading solutions for mobile, wireless, and industrial applications, including NFC chip sets, automotive applications, integrated circuits, wireless infrastructure, and advanced gateways. They are hiring a Director of Engineering to lead engineering strategy for its most advanced solutions.
The Director of Engineering will lead a world-class team of engineers in designing and implementing wireless applications for DSP, semiconductors, and integrated wireless systems. This person will develop industry-disrupting wireless solutions with the support of a top team of R&D and engineers.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus medical/life insurance, stock options, promotion opportunities, and other benefits.
- Strong support for skills development, training, and continuing education.
- Financial backing of a multibillion-dollar company.
- High visibility within the team; direct access to C-level executives.
- Ownership of a thriving engineering team with strong R&D support.
- Opportunity to be part of a team working on exciting, sophisticated DSP solutions in a hands-on commercial product development environment.
- High level of influence and design freedom and a hands-on workplace culture; gather client requirements directly and work with on-site engineers and R&D team to build solutions
- Industry-leading tools and software with top-of-the-line resources and a large budget.
- Great learning environment, hands-off management with support when you need it.
- Lead the development of embedded software, firmware, and hardware designed to solve real world problems in signal processing, audio, and wireless communications.
- Define processes and technical strategy for digital signal controller (DSC) solutions.
- Assist team of DSP engineers, RF engineers, and embedded software developers.
- Oversee testing and troubleshooting efforts for new solutions.
- Work with stakeholders to define functional specifications and integration strategy.
- Hire, train, and mentor members of the engineering team to develop talent.
- 10+ years of experience in the wireless engineering space, with strong experience in wireless application development.
- MSEE or PhD in electrical engineering, preferably focused on digital signal processing and/or embedded software for wireless applications.
- Advanced technical understanding of:
- Wireless standards (LTE, EVDO, CDMA, GSM)
- Chipsets and related hardware
- RF equipment and networks
- DSP / digital signal controllers
- Experience leading product development lifecycle from concept to launch.
- Outstanding leadership, negotiation, and technical presentation skills.