Director of Sales – Industrial Products
Greater Chicago, IL Area
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading manufacturer supplier of industrial products for a wide range of industries, including power transmission, agriculture, manufacturing, oil fields, and civil engineering. Their products are renowned for top quality and the highest levels of customer service in the industry. They are hiring a Director of Sales to handle increased demand for their products.
The Director of Sales will manage revenue growth of a multimillion-dollar global industrial product suite. As a sales leader, their primary goal is to drive revenue. This person will pinpoint the best solutions to today’s unique market challenges while staying true to the company’s commitment to quality.
This Role Offers:
- Identify prime market areas where the company can grow: product line expansions, new distribution opportunities, and prospective clients.
- Develop and drive sales strategy for product positioning, market expansion, and international operations.
- Guide sales and marketing program on branding, loyalty, customer pain points, market trends, potential prospect sources, and growth opportunities.
- Report sales performance to management.
- Improve operational overhead through cost-saving initiatives, sound capital investments, inventory control, streamlining manufacturing, supply chain, and warehouse operations.
- Foster new and existing relationships with national and independent distributors.
- Lead the company’s program to execute large-scale fiber network implementation projects in dense urban areas.
- Manage a team of directors, program managers, and project coordinators; set and manage performance goals and KPIs. Onboard and hire team members as necessary.
- Guide project management strategy for resource planning, budgeting, risk management, deployment, and execution.
- For distributed network design and deployment, define strategy and goals, set budgets, assign team priorities, and report regularly to VP-level management.
- Manage P&L for multiple areas.
- Oversee high-level operations of utilities providers, contracting teams, and design engineering team.
- Assemble project teams for major initiatives. Manage top-level escalations and draft action plans to address issues.
- Identify risks and implement effective risk mitigation strategies, including forecasting of budget and schedule changes.
- Act as SME to internal groups for resource allocation and deployment strategy.
- 8+ years of experience in technical sales, with an emphasis on metal and molded industrial products.
- Broad vision of market trends covering a wide range of buyer industries: oil/energy, manufacturing, agriculture, industrial engineering, construction, food production, forestry, civil engineering, and manufacturing.
- Understanding of how to grow sales profitability in an increasingly global supply chain market.
- Keen business acumen and the ability to accurately forecast and navigate market challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.