Director of Sales – WiFi, Wireless Infrastructure
New York, NY
Number of Openings:
Our client deploys advanced WiFi systems for major indoor and outdoor venues. Their WiFi, fiber, and wireless network infrastructure dominate the market, and their engineering team has completed many major landmark projects in the past four years. They are hiring a Director of Sales to expand and manage the global business development team to meet heavy market demand for super high-performance WiFi.
The Director of Sales will drive strategy at the helm of a high-growth sales team. The person in this position will have a high degree of influence over the company’s expansion strategy. They will guide a team of top business development professionals to close deals for major venues across the nation.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, performance bonuses, and profit-sharing.
- Outstanding benefits package: medical/vision/dental/life, 401(K), holidays/PTO, commuter stipend, cell phone, and more.
- Newly created role with strong executive support and high visibility to C-suite.
- Aggressive sales team with high tenure and proven experience closing high-profile customers.
- Hiring authority and heavy funding to grow a team of 15+ reports.
- Large team of experienced sales engineers and pre-sales support staff.
- Strong inter-departmental support between engineering, sales, and R&D.
- Steady pipeline of high-profile, multimillion-dollar sales deals for mass transit, municipalities, and large commercial venues.
- Flexible career advancement options.
- Anti-bureaucracy culture.
- Internationally known and proven brand value – millions of end users per project.
- High cash flow and culture of reinvesting in leadership development.
- Dedicated permitting team to manage ROW, municipal permits, and building codes for projects.
- Refine and drive sales strategy for WiFi solutions for airports, urban areas, stadiums, educational facilities, large office buildings, hospitals, and mass transit systems.
- Grow and lead a team of sales professionals and develop individual team members to excel.
- Accompany senior sales executives for top-level deals; assist with high-level presentations and proposals.
- Develop strong business relationships with carriers, municipalities, customers, and vendors.
- Attend top international industry conferences and trade shows to improve brand awareness and network with decision-makers.
- Leverage company’s extensive resources to build expert niche knowledge in WiFi systems.
- 7+ years of senior leadership experience over a technical sales team, with experience building and coaching a thriving team.
- 12+ years total industry experience in the telecom/wireless space.
- Superb networking, negotiation, and presentation skills. Carrier relationships are a strong plus.
- Familiarity with wireless communications solutions:
- Indoor and outdoor WiFi systems
- Fiber optic networks and wireless backhaul
- RF antennas and nodes
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical field. MBA a plus.