Director of Wireless Construction (RF, DAS, Small Cell)
San Francisco, CA (Bay Area)
Number of Openings:
Our client designs and installs large neutral host distributed antenna systems (DAS) for commercial enterprise clients. With over 3000 DAS and small cell installations, they are one of the most trusted names in the DAS in-building space. They work directly with all major U.S. carriers, as well as major tower companies and other neutral hosts. They are hiring a Director of Wireless Construction to support small cell and DAS in-building projects.
The Director of Wireless Construction will oversee indoor DAS and small cell deployments. They have full responsibility for the construction and engineering phases of commercial construction projects. They will coordinate resources, personnel, and vendors and ensure top-quality work from site planning to close-out.
This Role Offers:
- Excellent base salary plus biannual performance bonuses, 100% medical/dental/vision coverage, tuition reimbursement, travel expense reimbursement, and more.
- Profit-sharing and 401(K) bonuses and matching plan.
- Flexible work schedule and family-oriented culture.
- High employee tenure and a small, tight-knit team environment with a management culture that is highly receptive to feedback.
- Excellent career advancement program and culture of mentorship and internal promotion.
- Opportunity for advanced skills development, including training, certification programs, and tuition reimbursement.
- Company is approved by all major US carriers and has many clients within large commercial venues, hospitals, airports, schools, and the public sector.
- Opportunity to work on many different types of projects, including small cell and DAS, field testing, design, construction, performance testing, surveys, and more.
- Company has 18 years of experience and over 3000 DAS projects. CEO has outstanding business experience and has launched five successful companies within the wireless space.
- Exposure to in-demand technologies in the fast-growing wireless market: small cell, DAS in-building, WCDMA, LTE-U, LTE-A, 5G, and more.
- Access to top-of-the-line technology, resources, and internal support personnel.
- Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures.
- Opportunity to cover many unique types of projects. Every single day is different.
- Control over large pool of internal/external DAS deployment resources.
- Company has permits to deploy in 75% of all US states, including fast-growing densification areas.
- Manage commercial telecom construction projects from end to end, with a focus on in-building DAS (iDAS) and small cell projects.
- Draft preconstruction technical proposals, schematics, and use a project tracking system.
- Work with design team to finalize realistic deadlines, budget, and contract requirements. Advise on special techniques or equipment necessary for project completion.
- Coordinate bid walk, progress visits, preconstruction walk-throughs, punch walks, and close-outs. Provide reports to management at each phase.
- Manage schedules, team priorities, and project updates. Handle communication between management and construction teams.
- Keep tabs on safety issues, OSHA, and injury risks.
- Collaborate with public utilities providers, contracting teams, engineering team, and vendors.
- Survey final project and determine that it has been completed according to contract guidelines.
- 10+ years of experience leading construction management experience for the wireless/telecom industry related to RF, indoor DAS (iDAS) and small cells.
- Industry background in commercial construction. Experience managing projects for major carriers, OEMs, neutral hosts, or integrators is a strong plus.
- Strong understanding of zoning, municipal permits, building codes, and ROW.
- Technical understanding of RF/DAS and small cell telecom equipment and installation protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred.
- Project budgeting and contract negotiation skills. Comfortable discussing numbers and technical details with vendors, design firms, contractors, internal teams, and management.
- Project management software, such as Visio. GIS and CAD are a plus.