Executive Director of Cloud Network Technology (SDN, IoT, Virtualization)
Number of Openings:
Our client designs and manufactures advanced IoT and device-to-cloud products for a global customer base of wireless OEMs, MNOs, and major carriers. Their technology supports billions of dollars in assets around the world and includes the first end-to-end device-to-cloud solution. They are hiring an Executive Director of Cloud Network Technology to manage innovation for their cloud network product line, including embedded wireless modules, cloud platforms, virtualized network architecture, and IoT connectivity.
The Executive Director of Cloud Network Technology will use their expertise in wireless technology to manage the company’s core network and cloud technology. This person will manage all technical product initiatives for the global market and the strategic direction of the technology program.
This Role Offers:
- Comprehensive compensation package includes: base salary, annual performance bonus, medical/dental/vision, stock options, and other perks. Relocation options available.
- Large operating budget; company has $500M+ in annual revenue with strong YOY growth.
- Full ownership of tactical and strategic decisions. Top executive management authority.
- High-profile international trips to office locations in the UK, France, Switzerland, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
- Company has approval from all major carriers in the U.S., plus many niche and international carriers.
- Newly created position with high degree of freedom to guide technical program direction.
- Access to market-leading, industry-disrupting smart device-to-cloud connectivity solutions with multi-point applications.
- High average tenure and a history of investing in employees and prioritizing career growth.
- Highly agile and responsive team with a fresh, entrepreneurial mindset, backed by the resources and budget of a multimillion-dollar company.
- High visibility and leverage – will be top technical authority in the company, underneath CTO.
- Debt-free, stable company with 20 years of experience providing cutting edge solutions. They are first to market with some of the biggest emerging technology products worldwide.
- Highly experienced leadership with an extensive telecom background at large enterprises and successful start-up companies, deep technical expertise, and R&D experience.
- Report directly to CTO and drive strategy for products related to the company’s core network assets.
- Make tactical decisions on major product initiatives. Oversee technical and engineering teams as the top technical leader and goal-setter.
- Advise executive leadership on technology strategy for various mergers and acquisitions.
- Work with technical teams and product managers to turning concepts into hardware prototypes and product launches.
- Identify and select technology partners for new product initiatives.
- Provide insight and expertise on the technology market, especially in emerging technology areas such as IoT/M2M, device-to-cloud, and virtual networks.
- Ensure product compliance with regulatory and governing bodies.
- Develop plans for customer acceptance and integration with existing networks.
- 12+ years of advanced experience in core network architecture and cellular technologies.
- Experience working with product management teams to bring prototypes to market.
- Extensive background in the wireless/telecom industry, including experience working on core networks within MNOs, MVNOs, system integrators, or wireless OEMs.
- Advanced technical expertise in the following:
- Software-defined networks (SDN)
- Cloud networks
- Network virtualization
- Network slicing
- Desire to disrupt and transform the wireless device industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, electrical engineering or computer science. MBA or technical master’s degree is a plus.