GM Carrier Operations (Small Cell, Fiber, Broadband, Cloud, Wireless)
United States - Southwest
Number of Openings:
Our client designs, constructs, and contracts out wireless broadband network infrastructure assets in under-connected areas. Their network infrastructure is used by all major carriers in the United States and is integrated advanced telecommunications technology. They are hiring a GM of Carrier Operations to manage commercial network assets in the state of Arizona. This person will oversee commercial network implementation, carrier network relations, and colocation strategy.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, annual performance bonuses, and comprehensive benefits package.
- Small, entrepreneurial team backed by a multimillion-dollar budget.
- Industry experience with the high-demand, high-growth wireless infrastructure industry.
- Tightly knit and results-focused team with a very good work-life balance.
- Centrally located office in the Phoenix metropolitan area with convenient access to an international airport.
- Opportunity to build industry experience in 4G/LTE/5G cellular networking technologies, as well as Wi-Fi, DAS, RF, and other in-building technology.
- Big portfolio of projects for large enterprises and facilities, including large commercial centers, office buildings, public venues, and more.
- Projects centering on high-growth wireless technology, including DAS/small cells, M2M, and smart networks.
- Privately held company with strong financial backing.
- High visibility within the team and a high degree of influence on projects and company strategy.
- Manage DAS, small cell, fiber, and related wireless projects for commercial in-building systems
- Plan budget and timeline for fiber and microwave network implementation, expansion, and infrastructure maintenance.
- Address outages and network issues promptly.
- Coordinate internal/external teams for network operations and construction projects with budgets of up to $40 million.
- Develop business relationships with OEMs, carriers, external teams, and end customers. Run meetings and negotiations when necessary.
- Oversee engineering design, site acquisition, quotes, implementation, and project close-out.
- 8+ years of experience managing network infrastructure projects within the telecom/wireless industry, with a focus on commercial wireless projects.
- Experience working for one of the top four major US mobile carriers.
- Strong team management skills, including blended internal/external teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, electrical engineering, or business. MBA is a plus.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, project management, and teamwork skills.
- Some travel.