Lead Project Manager (Transportation Engineering)
Las Vegas, NV
Number of Openings:
Our client is one of the top-performing engineering services firm in the world, with an unrivalled industry reputation for delivering critical public infrastructure that keeps the world running. Their extensive project portfolio includes innovative major highway design, large bridges, state-of-the-art traffic control systems in dense urban areas, and even integrating new smart city technology.
The Lead Project Manager will have a high level of influence over the transportation engineering department and will lead high-level transportation projects. They play a critical role as an expert in the practical aspects of roadway design and project execution. In addition to hands-on projects, they will guide the overarching strategy and quality standards of the transportation engineering department.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses.
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(K) match, life & disability insurance, and flexible hours.
- Strong internal support for project managers during the contract negotiation process and for project documentation.
- Consistently wins bids for well-known landmark transportation projects for major clients.
- Highly organized team of engineers and project managers, with a reputation for delivering excellent results on time, at or under budget.
- “Quality first” attitude and a refined approach to getting projects done well.
- Executive management is committed to facilitating excellent communication and a culture of organization and over-delivery of quality.
- Extensive advancement opportunities: tuition reimbursement, skills training, and more.
- Strong culture of mentorship and career advancement through training and promotions.
- Outstanding company culture with supportive management and friendly workplace.
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of project types.
- Flawless company safety record.
- Experienced leadership with over two decades of combined engineering experience.
- Partnerships with local charities to give back to the community.
- Oversee the transportation engineering department’s activities and projects, including quality standards, contract negotiation, safety standards, and deliverable schedules.
- Work with design team to approve timelines and budgets for transportation projects. Supervise engineering team’s designs.
- Meet regularly with client executives and local governments regarding in-progress projects.
- Support business development and networking activities.
- Guide the long-term business strategy and major decisions of the transportation engineering team.
- Work hands-on as the project manager for high-level or complex transportation projects.
- 15+ years of managing complex transportation engineering projects, with a focus on roadway design, traffic flow, signal management, highway design, bridges, and more.
- Strong skills in geometrics design, alignment, and other elements of roadway design.
- Experience managing an engineering design team.
- Proficiency in civil engineering design software:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Microsoft Project
- Microstation Inroads or GEOPAK SS4
- PE certification in the state of Nevada.
- Knowledge of Nevada building codes and permitting requirements.
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.