OSP Cable Technician
Chesapeake Bay Area, MD
Number of Openings:
Our client provides cable splicing and installation services for the FTTx projects. They have a reputation as the best fiber optics provider on the Eastern Seaboard. With more demand than ever for fiber optic networks and high-quality cable installation services, their business is growing fast. They are hiring an OSP Cable Technician to splice and install aerial, underground, and indoor/outdoor cables. They will work on fiber optic construction and FTTx projects for small and large fiber optic projects.
This Role Offers:
- Base salary plus benefits and other perks.
- Training, promotions, and skill development opportunities.
- Tightly knit team with good work-life balance.
- Strong commitment to employee safety.
- Opportunity to work with new technology and get on-the-job training for the newest cable and fiber optic equipment.
- Company has a good reputation in the utilities industry and a commitment to excellent installation work.
- Company is growing, financially stable, and has a large customer base.
- Install, rout, splice, and terminate fiber optic cable inside buildings. Fusion splice cable in OSP settings.
- Install electronic equipment, fiber optic enclosures, termination points, and other aspects of FTTx projects.
- Troubleshoot fiber optic networks and perform preventative maintenance.
- Install back-up power generators.
- Document all installations and ensure all cables have correct labels and color codes.
- Test cables against industry performance standards.
- 4+ years of experience in an OSP cable technician role, with a focus on splicing fiber optic cables.
- Strong skills in fiber splicing, including ring cuts, fusion splicing, ribbon splicers, core alignment single fiber splicers, mid-span entrances, and buffer tube splitting.
- Experience with bucket truck and aerial lift equipment.
- Indoor/outdoor cable installation experience.
- Commitment to workplace and employee safety regulations.
- Experience with:
- Fiber optic cable and splicing equipment
- Core alignment single fiber splicers
- Ribbon splicers
- Optical power meters
- Able to read schematics and installation diagrams.