Principal Solutions Architect (IP Networks)
Greater Los Angeles, CA Area
Number of Openings:
Our client is a market-leading provider of cloud communications, VoIP, hosted PBX, and connectivity solutions. Their cutting-edge managed and connected unified communications solutions have earned over 50 industry awards, plus top honors for their channel program and telecom products. They are hiring a Principal Solutions Architect to support their next-generation unified communications solutions for enterprise-level networks.
The Principal Solutions Architect will focus on network design and new IP network architecture for industry-leading national and international clients. They will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, build, administer, and support network infrastructure to meet the VoIP, SIP, and IP internetworking needs of Fortune 500 clients.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus generous paid time off plan, healthcare plan, 401(k) company match, mobile plan discounts, paid parking, and corporate membership discounts and perks
- Company is privately held, stable, debt-free, and has strongly diversified financials
- Strong company reputation for outstanding products in emerging cloud technologies as well as a range of industry-renowned unified communications solutions
- Multiple career advancement and education options; company is eager to support architects who want to expand their knowledge and skills base.
- High degree of visibility and authority; this solutions architect will be one of the “top dogs” in the department, including whiteboard discussions surrounding design implementation of entire network ecosystems.
- Company is result-focused, anti-bureaucracy, and anti-red-tape
- Opportunity to coach, mentor, and build up team members within the network engineering department.
- Strong network architecture budget, with extensive support resources and a team of network engineers to support implementations and testing, including the latest tools and protocols in the industry—Cisco products, Wireshark, MP-BGP, MPLS VPN, and cloud tools.
- Design and support network architecture for major service providers, large telecommunications firms, and other Fortune 500 companies.
- Analyze, improve, and optimize existing network architecture for a broad range of network systems, including routers/switches, circuits, firewalls, and servers.
- Conduct advanced troubleshooting, configuration, and implementation of network architecture and equipment.
- Manage key network assets, including network component inventories, documentation, technical specs, etc.
- Opportunity to design IP network architecture for global enterprise networks, for major carriers and IP service providers.
- Develop and implement policies for incident management, disaster recovery, business continuity, security for mission-critical technology, and recommend improvements for high-risk areas.
- Assist in developing metrics and processes for workflow improvements, risk assessment, and business process improvements.
- Coordinate with network engineers to develop implementation and configuration strategies for data centers.
- Continuously improve network security according to industry best practices.
- Analyze client networks to resolve issues related to traffic flow, security, and network capacity.
- 5+ years of experience in network engineering and/or network architecture, with experience working for a major service provider.
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, information systems, electrical engineering, or equivalent training/experience.
- CCNP or CCDP certification; CCIE is a plus.
- Technical project management using MS Visio.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity best practices.
- Cisco-related skills:
- Cisco 4948/6500/7200/7600 series equipment
- ASA and ACS
- Cisco IOS network infrastructure software
- ASR 1000 series routers
- Networking skills:
- Routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP
- VPNv4 and IPv4/IPv6 environments
- SDN and software-defined IXP (SDX)
- IP traffic flow
- Wireshark (protocol analysis, embedded packet capture, etc.)
- Strong communication, technical documentation, and analysis skills.