Project Manager (Commercial Civil Engineering)
Las Vegas, NV
Number of Openings:
Our client is one of the top-performing engineering services firm in the world, with an unrivalled industry reputation for delivering critical public infrastructure that keeps the world running. Their extensive project land development portfolio includes innovative flood control systems, major highway design, state-of-the-art water management systems, universities, landmark architecture, and even integrating new smart city technology.
They are hiring a Project Manager to coordinate the moving parts of commercial land development projects, including contracts, cost estimates, vendor coordination, and more. The person in this role plays an instrumental role in each project’s approach and features.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses.
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(K) match, life & disability insurance, and flexible hours.
- Strong internal support for project managers during the contract negotiation process and for project documentation.
- Consistently wins bids for well-known landmark projects for major clients.
- Highly organized team of engineers and project managers, with a reputation for delivering excellent results on time, at or under budget.
- “Quality first” attitude and a refined approach to getting projects done well.
- Executive management is committed to facilitating excellent communication and a culture of organization and over-delivery of quality.
- Extensive advancement opportunities: tuition reimbursement, skills training, and more.
- Strong culture of mentorship and career advancement through training and promotions.
- Outstanding company culture with supportive management and friendly workplace.
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of project types.
- Flawless company safety record.
- Experienced leadership with over two decades of combined engineering experience.
- Partnerships with local charities to give back to the community.
- Manage civil engineering projects from bid to close-out, with key responsibility for proposals, contracts, estimate preparation, scheduling, and project documentation.
- Work with engineers to accurately estimate and set project timelines, budgets, scope, and deliverables for various and land development projects.
- Meet regularly with clients to update them on project schedule and changes to the plan.
- Verify that correct ROW and building permits have been obtained for projects.
- Manage design documents (including quality assurance and quality control documentation).
- Supervise engineering plans and designs. Accompany team to site walks to monitor progress.
- Coordinate vendor and contractor teams.
- 8+ years of managing civil engineering projects, preferably with a background in land development.
- PE certification in the state of Nevada.
- Proficiency in civil engineering software:
- Microsoft Project
- AutoCAD Civil 3D (interpreting designs)
- Strong skills in surveying, mapping, and interpreting designs.
- Knowledge of Nevada building codes and permitting requirements.
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.