Regional Director of Sales (DAS, Small Cell, HetNet)
Jersey City, NJ
Number of Openings:
Our client is a telecom DAS solutions company that specializes in outdoor and in-building wireless infrastructure. Their highly-rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large offices buildings, airports, hospitals, stadiums, military projects, and convention centers. They are hiring a Regional Director of Sales to manage high growth in the areas of DAS and small cell solutions.
The Regional Director of Sales will focus on large commercial venues and outdoor public safety applications, among others. This is a new position with strong executive support and significant market opportunity within the $2.5 billion small cell market. The company is facing high demand for commercial wireless design and engineering, so this person has the opportunity to capitalize on huge market growth that is expected to continue into the next decade.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus full benefits package, including healthcare options, life insurance, travel perks, company equity, stock options and more.
- Uncapped, tiered commission with aggressive built-in accelerators.
- Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures to meet high market demand for large-venue projects. Projected 120% growth for 2017.
- Outstanding post-sales value: top-level field support and top-level deployment customer service.
- Access to top-of-the-line technology, resources, and internal support personnel.
- Working with today’s most in-demand wireless solutions, including in-building DAS, outdoor DAS, Wi-Fi coverage, small cells, and end-to-end wireless infrastructure solutions.
- Company is approved by all major US carriers and has many clients within large commercial venues, healthcare, airports, education, military, and municipality. Opportunity to work with clients from many different industry verticals.
- Dynamic, well-funded sales team that is well recognized in their current industry verticals and flexible to take advantage of emerging technology, especially in the growing outdoor small cell market.
- Opportunity to expand and run a commercial telecom practice within a large and thriving nationwide integrator.
- High level of influence within new initiatives, major projects, and commercial strategy.
- Coordinate with Engineering, R&D, and other internal team members to develop ideal solutions proposals in response to for each company’s unique set of business goals.
- Develop telecom sales strategy, with a focus on indoor/outdoor distributed antenna systems (DAS, iDAS, oDAS) and small cell projects for large venues.
- Identify large enterprises and government entities as potential prospects.
- Meet with decision-makers across industry verticals to understand business requirements and propose wireless network infrastructure solutions to improve their wireless coverage.
- Deliver technical presentations with potential clients across several industry verticals. Translate the client’s connectivity needs into wireless infrastructure solution proposals.
- Prepare the sales team to expand the company’s public sector sales side, with support from the existing commercial sales side.
- Manage SLAs and post-sales service strategies.
- Work with design team to finalize realistic deadlines, budget, and contract requirements. Assist with vendor selection and approve rates according to fair market price.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in managing wireless technical sales teams.
- Industry background in DAS/small cells, heterogeneous networks, and indoor/outdoor solutions.
- Experience developing a large sales territory in a high-demand market.
- MBA or bachelor’s degree in engineering, telecom, or business administration.
- Strong understanding of wireless infrastructure, including:
- DAS (distributed antenna systems), including iDAS and oDAS
- Indoor/low-power solutions vs. outdoor/high-power solutions
- HetNet (heterogeneous network) design with macro and small cells.
- 4G/LTE (licensed spectrum) and LTE-U (unlicensed spectrum)
- Colocation best practices
- 3GPP wireless standards
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and technical presentation skills. Comfortable talking to decision-makers in a wide range of industries, including major carriers, integrators, large enterprises, and government entities.
- Strong project leadership skills – can effectively work with complex teams made up of employees, vendors, turnkey teams, engineers, R&D, sales support, and executives.