RF DAS Engineer
United States - Multiple Locations
Number of Openings:
Our client is a wireline and wireless solutions firm specializing in design, build, commissioning, and installation of network elements. Their product portfolio includes WLAN, DAS in-building, Radio Frequency antennas, fiber implementations, disaster recovery, and complex wired and wireless construction projects. They are hiring an RF DAS Engineer to work on large DAS projects alongside major US mobile carriers.
The RF DAS Engineer will provide engineering expertise on a range of indoor/outdoor DAS projects, including convention centers, large office buildings, mass transit, and more. They will have access to a range of top-of-the-line technology to perform testing and design support for large-scale projects.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including free healthcare coverage, 401(K) company match, generous paid vacation plan, phone allowance, company laptop, and company car options.
- High visibility and direct access to Director of Engineering. Director has 20+ years of telecom industry experience in distributed RF and 2G/3G/4G/LTE networking technologies. He has worked in engineering, R&D, and technology innovation.
- Strong portfolio of Tier-1 projects for Fortune 500 companies, including convention centers, major carriers, large shipping corporations, large venues, and disaster recovery.
- Excellent work-life balance; high number of paid holidays
- Learning culture that pays and encourages engineers for continuing education and certifications
- Small, tightly knit team environment and high average employee tenure; engineers have a high degree of flexibility and free rein.
- Excellent training program and culture of mentorship and promotion within the organization.
- Highly experienced management with a lead-from-the-front attitude and a commitment to helping their employees succeed.
- Develop RF antenna and DAS inbuilding solutions for a wide range of Tier-1 enterprise and large venue customers.
- Support RF and network design, commissioning, and installation projects.
- Conduct RF using spectrum analyzers and network analyzers, and prepare accompanying technical documentation
- Use specialized RF test and measurement instrumentation (noise figure analyzer, network analyzer, etc.) to support both new product development and production testing.
- Conduct onsite field testing, including site surveying, walk testing, coverage testing, and other support activities.
- Gather project requirements and work with R&D team to design solutions and create project proposals and implementation plans.
- Communicate key issues and solutions to other team members; act as high-level technical resource for support team as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in RF engineering within the telecommunications industry. Experience working on Tier 1 projects alongside major carriers, especially for the public sector, is a plus.
- BSEE or MSEE degree.
- Experience using a spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, and other RF test equipment.
- Proficiency with iBwave designs and reviews (or related software) is a plus.
- Proficiency with tuning, optimization, testing, and KPI analysis tools.
- Understanding of carrier technology, frequencies, interference issues, and equipment.
- Certification such as Corning, Mobile Access, CommScope, Solid JMA, and/or similar equipment certifications.
- Excellent documentation and collaboration skills.