RF Engineer (DAS In-building, WiFi, WiMAX)
Cherry Hill, NJ
Number of Openings:
Our client designs and installs large distributed antenna systems (DAS) for commercial enterprise clients. With over 3000 DAS and small cell installations, they are one of the most trusted names in the DAS in-building space. They work directly with all major U.S. carriers, as well as major tower companies and neutral hosts. They are hiring an RF Engineer to support major DAS in-building projects.
The RF Engineer will focus on small-cell deployments and indoor DAS. They will have full access the company’s new innovative products within the DAS space that cover a wide range of RF technologies, bands, and power levels. This person will work with a senior engineer and to complete site surveys, RF design, installation, commissioning, and testing.
This Role Offers:
- Excellent base salary plus biannual performance bonuses, 100% medical/dental/vision coverage, tuition reimbursement, travel expense reimbursement, and more.
- Profit-sharing and 401(K) bonuses and matching plan.
- Flexible work schedule and family-oriented culture.
- High employee tenure and a small, tight-knit team environment with a philosophy of empowering engineers.
- Opportunity for on-the-job training and skills development, including training, certification programs, and tuition reimbursement.
- Company has 18 years of experience and over 3000 DAS projects. CEO has outstanding business experience and has launched five successful companies within the wireless space.
- Opportunity to work on many different types of projects, including small cell and DAS, field testing, design, construction, performance testing, surveys, and more.
- Many career advancement paths and options within the organization.
- Exposure to top emerging technologies in the fast-growing DAS market: 4G/LTE, small cell, DAS, WiFi, WiMAX, CDMA, GSM, EVDO, and more.
- Meet with commercial enterprise clients in a wide range of industries to understand business requirements and create design proposals.
- Design in-building distributed antenna systems (DAS) and small cell installation projects.
- Perform on-site surveys for construction projects and work with project coordinators.
- Coordinate smaller construction projects, from design to installation.
- Collect and process on-site data and conduct onsite analysis, commissioning, and optimization.
- Contribute to product development discussions.
- 2+ years of experience with RF/DAS technology and small cells, with recent experience on a DAS or small cell deployment project.
- Background in networking, engineering, or IT, with experience in testing, data collection, and troubleshooting.
- BSEE or a related engineering degree.
- Technical understanding of in-building DAS installations, WiFi, and WiMAX technology.
- Proficiency with data collection tools, post processing tools, and test equipment.
- Understanding of iBwave design is a plus.
- Some regional travel.