In-building RF Engineer (iDAS / Indoor DAS)
Number of Openings:
Our client is a wireline and wireless solutions firm specializing in design, build, commissioning, and installation of network elements. Their product portfolio includes neutral host small cells, indoor/outdoor DAS, RF equipment, and wireless infrastructure. They are hiring an RF Engineer to work on wireless projects for enterprise clients.
The In-building RF Engineer will be the hands-on expert driving major DAS and small cell deployments. In addition to technical expertise, they will contribute key deployment strategy and project specifications. Their skills will be a central selling point for customers looking for solutions backed by qualified professionals.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus. Benefits include healthcare, company 401(k), skills training, and flexible hours.
- Exposure to high-end wireless technology with significant market growth: enterprise-grade wireless infrastructure, neutral host small cell, and new in-building technology.
- Large resource pool of test equipment, technical support staff, and more.
- High degree of input both in technical project specifications.
- Tightly knit team of engineers and technical PMs.
- Company has outstanding industry reputation for RF wireless projects.
- Opportunity for advanced skills development, including on-the-job training, company-sponsored industry certification training programs, and more.
- Assist senior engineers to create design proposals for enterprise clients.
- Use specialized RF test and measurement instrumentation (noise figure analyzer, network analyzer, etc.) to test wireless networks.
- Gather project requirements and work with R&D team to design solutions and create project proposals and implementation plans.
- Collaborate with DAS project management team to create BOMs, budget, scope, and timeline.
- Assist project managers in setting project budgets, scope, and timelines. At a high level, assist with coordination of engineers and resources.
- 3+ years of wireless industry experience in RF engineering projects, preferably for enterprise clients.
- Experience working with major carriers is a plus.
- Technical understanding of with RF/DAS technology for indoor applications.
- Proficiency with iBwave designs and reviews (or related software) is a plus.
- Understanding of interference issues and RF test equipment.
- DAS OEM certification, such as Corning, Commscope, SOLiD, MobileAccess, ADRF, TE, JMA/Techo, etc.
- BSEE or related engineering degree.