Sales Engineer – WiFi, RF/DAS, VoLTE, Smart City
Edison, NJ Area
Number of Openings:
Cities are turning to smart technology to reduce utility costs, conserve energy, and improve quality of life. Our client delivers award-winning smart city technology, specializing in small cells, grid-independent IoT devices, solar-powered retrofits, net-zero power systems, smart metering, and more. They are hiring a Sales Engineer to deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot mobile and WiFi networks for smart city IoT technology.
The Sales Engineer will specialize in pre-sales meetings with public sector and enterprise clients. Their projects will focus on LTE networks, VoWiFi network infrastructure, and RF equipment. Their work will be integrated into smart cities, smart IoT networks, and solar powered technology.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and benefits package, including health insurance, 401(K), relocation expenses, and more.
- Opportunity to work hands-on directly with R&D on with highly competitive emerging technology, including VoWiFi and VoLTE, smart city, and IoT/M2M.
- Work directly with top municipal customers on high-tech smart city and emerging IoT connectivity technology.
- Strong support network of sales people, engineers, managers, and field technicians.
- Strong customer base: over 30,000 system installations performed every year. Company recently landed several large contracts for major smart city retrofits.
- Scenic office location in Denver, Colorado.
- High-energy startup environment in growth mode. Huge opportunity for employees coming in on the ground level.
- Stable company with over 10 years of experience delivering smart city technology.
- High level of control over test procedures, process, equipment selection, and hardware design.
- Company has extensive experience in design, engineering, and smart technology implementation.
- Access to advanced electronics testing lab.
- Work with a team of sales people and project managers to design smart city network infrastructure, especially in high-density municipal areas.
- Act as the top technical resource for sales team during client meetings and design phase.
- Design and configure network hardware, such as access points, RF antennas, carrier-grade WiFi and VoWiFi mobile network infrastructure.
- Maintain network documentation, including site survey notes, schematics, and installation diagrams.
- Contribute to product discussions, and give feedback about flaws and improvement opportunities.
- Conduct systems-level performance evaluation and tuning in field and lab settings.
- 4+ years of hands-on engineering experience with large wireless networks and distributed networks.
- BSEE or equivalent industry experience in advanced electronics engineering.
- Strong understand of wireless network technology, including:
- Carrier-grade WiFi networks
- Performance indicators (bandwidth, latency trade-offs, throughput, and range)
- RF antennas, simulation, and radio propagation
- DAS and small cell networks
- 801.11 standards for WLAN
- Stationary hotspots, data offload, and roaming
- Exposure to virtualized networks, wireless modules, VoLTE, IoT, and other emerging technology is a plus.
- Some travel.