Sr. Java Software Engineer (IoT, Cloud, Smart City)
Greater Denver, CO Area
Number of Openings:
Relocation expenses covered. Full-time - no C2C or 1099 contractors.
Cities are turning to smart technology to reduce utility costs, conserve energy, and improve quality of life. Our client delivers award-winning smart city technology, specializing in low-power smart infrastructure, smart metering, and other IoT smart city technology. They are hiring a Sr. Java Software Engineer to work on a proprietary SaaS cloud platform solution for an intelligent ecosystem of IoT devices and public infrastructure.
The Sr. Java Software Engineer will primarily develop applications within the cloud platform that will connect smart street lighting and energy infrastructure for smart cities. This person will have a high level of control over the scope and features of the cloud platform; this is a new team and new cloud platform within a highly funded and well-established company.
This Role Offers:
- Design code in Java for a new SaaS cloud platform, to be used for IoT data analytics, reporting, and smart infrastructure management.
- Design scalable multithreaded client/server applications.
- Build responsive RESTful web services with Spring framework and MongoDB or NoSQL database.
- Conduct system testing, debugging, and deployment of applications.
- Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource as the team gathers business requirements.
- Manage territory in a fast-growing and technology-hungry area with enormous growth potential.
- Present top emerging technology solutions to enterprise-level customers on how Bluetooth LE and WiFi solutions can solve their business needs.
- Meet with high-level business and enterprise customers to discuss and analyze key issues and goals and identify an action plan.
- Accompany sales team members to pre-sales meetings for technology deals, and act as an expert on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and embedded wireless modules.
- Utilize company’s extensive pool of sales engineers, pre-sales support, and customer support specialists to ensure a smooth installation and delivery.
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development, with recent experience in the IoT/M2M space.
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Strong skills in Java, J2EE, and Spring (Boot/Cloud).
- Understanding of multitier architecture (n-tier architecture)
- Experience developing RESTful web services and APIs.
- Hands-on experience with MongoDB, Docker, and AWS.
- Database experience with Hadoop, MySQL, or NoSQL database.
- Other languages (C, C++, or Python) are a plus.
- Exposure to smart street lighting, low-power IoT devices, and other smart city emerging technologies is a strong plus.