Sr. Principal DSP Embedded Software Engineer (4G/LTE, Small Cell, IoT, Enterprise WiFi)
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading OEM in the telecom wireless industry developing RF hardware and connectivity solutions for mobile, wireless, industrial, and IoT/M2M applications. Their diverse solutions portfolio is recognized as one of the best in the industry and includes antenna lines, connected cars, smart cities, DAS, small cells, IoT modules, self-organizing networks (SON), GPS tracking, connected tech, and fleet management applications.
The Sr. Principal DSP Embedded Software Engineer will lead a world-class team of engineers in designing and implementing embedded software for DSP solutions for radio and wireless systems. With the support of a large team of R&D, engineering, and sales professionals, this person will develop industry-disrupting wireless solutions for a wide spectrum of end clients.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, annual performance bonuses, benefits package, medical/dental, retirement 401(K) company match, and stock options.
- Opportunity to be part of a team developing highly sophisticated commercial wireless products within WiFi, wireless, and cellular communications.
- Engineer-centric work environment within a small, high-performing team with a legacy of success in their R&D projects.
- Tightly-knit team with a high degree of autonomy and freedom to innovate.
- Flexibility to specialize in niche theoretical knowledge or develop versatile multi-disciplinary skills within a team.
- High level of influence and design freedom and a hands-on workplace culture; gather client requirements directly and work with on-site engineers and R&D team to build solutions
- Industry-leading tools and software with top-of-the-line resources and a large budget.
- History of success and strong footholds in many industries: wireless, MNOs, defense, tech, automotive, transit, public safety, broadcasting, and many Fortune 500 end-clients.
- High level of influence within the engineering team, with direct access to CTO and individual recognition for contributions.
- Strong, stable company with 60+ year history of building high-grade telecommunications components and equipment.
- Ownership of the product development lifecycle from design to implementation, with a high degree of influence over processes, protocols, functional specifications, and product features.
- Strong support for employee development, including skills development, training, and continuing education.
- Develop real-time embedded software for wireless/radio systems from conceptual model to implementation, discussing milestones and product roadmaps with clients when necessary.
- Program end-to-end solutions in C++, including design, implementation, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Develop embedded software for DSP solutions and components as part of a team of senior firmware, hardware, and software engineers.
- Use specialized RF test and measurement instrumentation (spectrum analyzer, noise figure analyzer, etc.) for new product development and production testing.
- Write and review of functional specifications for systems.
- Validate operation of features and provide guidance as needed to test engineers.
- 8+ years of industry experience in digital communications and DSP embedded software, with a background in the wireless/telecom industry.
- Expert-level understanding of DSP algorithms and theory, including real-time signal processing.
- Strong understanding of the physical layer within radio and wireless systems.
- Critical technical skills include:
- Embedded software design and development
- Programming skills in C++/C
- IoT/M2M exposure is a strong plus.
- Linux experience is a plus.
- Master’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering, preferably with a direct focus on digital signal processing and/or embedded software for wireless applications.
- Knowledge of various wireless standards, including LTE, EVDO, CDMA/WCDMA, and GSM.
- Experience in designing and developing embedded software for commercial products.
- Analytical skills to solve complex engineering and product development problems.
- Good verbal/written communication, presentation, and technical documentation skills.