Sr. Principal Field Applications Engineer (Cellular, Wireless, 5G/IoT/M2M)
San Jose, CA
Number of Openings:
Our client provides front-lines B2B cellular and wireless solutions. Their engineering team is recognized as one of the strongest in the wireless/IoT space, with an outstanding reputation for smart wireless technology products. They are hiring a Sr. Principal Field Applications Engineer to support market-leading cellular technology across a wide range of industries.
The Sr. Principal Field Applications Engineer will be part of a growing global business transformation team. As part of the high-growth pre-sales and engineering teams, they have access to a large budget and extensive technical resources and mentorship. Their projects will focus on IoT/M2M modules, cellular modules, Bluetooth, GPS/GNSS, and WiFi technology. They will work with major players across many industries to integrate these technologies into core business processes.
This Role Offers:
- Comprehensive benefits package includes competitive base salary plus commissions, company match 401(K), performance bonuses, medical coverages, life insurance, and other perks.
- Opportunity to work hands-on with the most important cellular and wireless technology that is on the market, including IoT SIM cards and other wireless OEM solutions.
- Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources, including multiple R&D centers and a team of over 500 engineers.
- Work with a fast-growing global sales team; with thousands of OEM and B2B customers and over $300 million in annual revenue.
- Company takes a vested approach in its team members; strong culture of promoting its people internally within the organization
- Access to extensive resources within technical support team; the group is extremely well funded and has a reputation as one of the best in the industry.
- Company takes a vested approach in its team members; strong culture of promoting its people internally within the organization, with a family-oriented culture and great work-life.
- Company has strong growth over the past 30 years and has been deeply involved in disrupting communications technology since its inception.
- Management has deep experience in the wireless industry
- Strong track record, expertise within emerging markets, and a strong vision for the company’s future growth.
- Accompany sales team members to pre-sales meetings for high-level technology deals, and act as the top technical expert on company products and features.
- Make technical presentations to SMB and enterprise-level customers on how company cellular and wireless solutions can address their business needs.
- Utilize extensive R&D support resources to achieve high quality product documentation and integrate customer feedback into product improvements.
- Support technical applications support for end users, including training sessions, high-level escalations, and conversations with top decision-makers.
- 10+ years of engineering experience within the wireless industry, ideally within an applications engineering role.
- Background in cellular support; hands-on experience with relevant industry technology, including:
- RF antennas
- CDMA/WCDMA hardware
- GPS/GNSS technology
- Wi-Fi and personal-area networks
- Bluetooth and short-range wireless
- 4G/LTE networks.
- BSEE/MSEE or related technical degree.
- Familiarity with emerging IoT/M2M and 5G technologies.
- Experience with Python and Linux programming; Zigbee exposure is a plus.
- Strong technical presentation and analytical skills.