Sr. Sales Manager (Manufacturing, CAPEX, Industrial IoT)
Greater Chicago, IL Area
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leader in the industrial equipment manufacturing space. Their highly experienced team has led the company to tremendous growth into a multibillion-dollar global organization. Their innovative smart industrial products are transforming the manufacturing industry. Their solutions include heavy machinery, IIoT-integrated manufacturing platforms, sensors, packaging equipment, and more. They are hiring a Sr. Sales Manager to drive revenue in CAPEX manufacturing equipment.
The Sr. Sales Manager will have access to support personnel and sales engineers in order to grow market share at the enterprise level. This person will meet with decision-makers in the manufacturing space to understand their unique business needs drive revenue and early adoption of new technology. As part of the high-growth technical sales team, they will have access to a large budget and extensive resources and mentorship.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus and full benefits package, including medical and disability.
- Access to emerging technology products, including M2M (machine to machine), M2I (machine to interface), and specialized industrial equipment.
- Strong pipeline of support and state-of-the-art technical resources.
- Multiple R&D centers and a team of over 300 engineers and sales support personnel.
- Company has seen strong growth over the past 30 years.
- Opportunity to get on the ground floor as the industry changes.
- Growing customer demand as more building owners demand connected technology upgrades.
- High level of trust with existing customers and strong industry reputation.
- Multiple career advancement paths into high-commission sales or technical roles.
- Opportunity to develop niche industry knowledge within the manufacturing technology space.
- High visibility, reporting directly to Director of Business Development for North America region.
- Fully funded trips to sales training, top industry conferences, and trade shows.
- Plan and manage sales cycle for North America region. Build lead generation pipeline, partner acquisition strategy, and partner development program.
- Grow revenue through flourishing business relationships with decision-makers across a range of industries. Discover their manufacturing needs and deliver proposals to meet their goals.
- Develop deep industry knowledge around CAPEX manufacturing equipment, emerging IoT-integrated solutions, factory heavy machinery, and more.
- Integrate customer design specifications into smart manufacturing equipment solutions.
- Develop business sales strategy and identify market trends. Provide market insights to executive management.
- 8+ years of experience in technical sales, with an emphasis on industrial equipment, manufacturing, factories, and other CAPEX assets.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and equipment, such as:
- Packaging machinery
- Filling machines
- Power presses
- Technical understanding of connected devices and equipment, such as Industrial IoT (IIoT) devices, M2M, M2I (machine-to-interface) solutions, and large 3D printers, is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in engineering or a technical field. MBA is a plus.
- Familiarity with CAD designs is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication and technical presentation skills.