Telecom Test Application Engineer (Fiber, Chipset, GPS, Broadband)
South Central Texas
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading test equipment specialist in the telecom wireless industry selling, repairing, and calibrating test equipment and PCB components for mobile, wireless, and IoT/M2M applications. They are hiring a Telecom Test Application Engineer to provide troubleshooting expertise for a wide range of advanced telecom/wireless electronics, with a special focus on test equipment.
The Telecom Test Application Engineer will troubleshoot and repair chipset test equipment, fiber optic test units, transmission test, T1, broadband, GPS-enabled devices, and other specialized test equipment. They will work with the services team, other engineers, to strategize, repair and debug test equipment.
This Role Offers:
- Stable, growing company with 35+ years in the telecom test set repair business
- Known as the preferred test set repair vendor for all major telecom customers and MSO’s
- Working with a strong, ideas-forward team, who are open to a culture of new ideas and improved processes.
- Brand new, state-of-the-art facility with ISO-accredited calibration lab.
- Fast growing company, actively acquiring new product lines from other companies to increase revenue.
- High level of influence and design freedom.
- Company is debt-free and expected to double revenue within 5 years.
- High potential for promotion and advancement as company continues to grow.
- Working for a company with flat organizational structure, no bureaucracy, great team culture.
- Great company, with average employee tenure of 10 years.
- Every day is a new adventure; the opportunity to repair everything from a chainsaw to an OC192 test set to 5ESS cards.
- Troubleshoot and repair telecom test equipment to the component level.
- Repair, update, and modify PCBs at the board level, working with MSOs.
- Service test units including: fiber optic, transmission, DSL, and broadband equipment.
- Use specialized RF test and measurement instrumentation and techniques
- Act as lead technical support for the services team
- Gather project requirements and work alongside R&D team to design solutions and prototypes.
- Source parts and locate OEMs to provide or custom-build specialized components.
- Simulate fiber links with various problems to test them and make sure equipment is working properly.
- Act as high-level resource for technical support team and end clients as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in troubleshooting, testing, and repairing electronics for the telecom and wireless space.
- Expertise in calibration and test principles for wireless manufacturing.
- Strong technical proficiency in the following telecom technology:
- Wireless and fiber optic test sets
- RF debug and test equipment
- Mobile test equipment
- TDR & OTDR
- DS0 through OC192
- Analog and digital signal processing (DSP)
- BSEE or equivalent hands-on technical experience.
- Basic copper and fiber loop testing practices.
- Experience repairing OEM test set equipment and telecom test equipment down to the component level.
- Knowledge of telecom network infrastructure is a plus.