VP Network Operations (Wireless Infrastructure, Small Cell, NOC)
Greater Phoenix, AZ Area
Number of Openings:
Our client designs, constructs, and contracts out wireless infrastructure assets in underserved network areas. Their networks are used by all major carriers in the United States and use the most advanced telecommunications technology available. They are hiring a VP Network Operations to manage network assets in the state of Arizona.
The VP Network Operations will oversee carrier NOC, field construction strategy, and statewide carrier network operations. They maintain high performance standards for all network technology, including wireless, wireline, DAS/small cell, and switched voice networks.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses. Comprehensive benefits package includes vacation time, healthcare and dental insurance, company vehicle, expense account, and more.
- Small, entrepreneurial team backed by a multimillion-dollar budget.
- Skill development, industry experience, company culture
- Industry experience with the high-demand, high-growth wireless infrastructure industry.
- Tightly knit and results-focused team with a strong work-life balance.
- Modern, centrally located office in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area with convenient access to international airport.
- Access to the most up-to-date infrastructure construction technology, including DAS/small cells, M2M, and smart networks.
- Company is privately held with strong financial backing.
- High visibility within the team and a high degree of influence on projects and company strategy.
- Company is low bureaucracy, low red-tape, and results-focused.
- Extensive support resources and a team of highly trained support staff to assist in the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Define and plan scope, budget, and timeline for network construction projects.
- Plan and execute network expansion strategy, as well as add/moves/changes to existing network infrastructure.
- Address outages and network issues promptly.
- Coordinate internal/external teams on network operations and construction projects with budgets of up to $40 million.
- Run vendor meetings and negotiations when necessary.
- Proactively manage planned outages and network maintenance.
- 8+ years of experience within the telecom/wireless industry, with a focus on wireless infrastructure and network operations.
- Strong team management skills, especially for mixed teams of internal employees and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, electrical engineering, or business. MBA is a plus.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, project management, and teamwork skills.
- Approximately 25% travel, all within Arizona.