VP of Networking & Fiber
United States - Multiple Locations
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading provider of connectivity technology in the Great Plains region for household and business customers. Their solutions include fiber optic networks, cloud infrastructure platforms, unified communications, and more. They are hiring a VP Networking & Fiber to drive the company’s IT and communications technology program.
The VP Networking & Fiber will have the unique opportunity to step into a thriving, growing technology company with a strong book of business and many B2C and B2B technology solutions. This person will manage all technical activities, including team management and executive authority to drive the strategic direction of the technology program.
This Role Offers:
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including competitive base salary, performance bonuses, medical benefits, company stock/equity, and other perks. Relocation options available.
- Work directly alongside CEO; high visibility and leverage – will be #1 technical authority in the company.
- 40 direct reports, plus hire/fire authority and resources to grow and train the team.
- Large operating budget; company has $40M+ in annual revenue with 15% YOY growth.
- Family-owned company with over 80 years of stability and growth, with plans to expand and acquire more companies in the near future.
- Large fiber footprint and strong B2B customer base. Previously closed several large fiber-related deals with AT&T and other carriers.
- Resources and opportunity to develop and grow a thriving technology team that includes VP OSP, VP Networking, VP Business Development, and Cisco/Microsoft/VMware-certified engineers and technicians.
- High-performing executive leadership with deep technical industry experience.
- Respected network infrastructure provider with outstanding industry reputation and growing customer base with high retention.
- High average tenure and a history of investing in employees and prioritizing career growth.
- Ownership of a top connectivity program, plus authority to direct teams within third party vendors, installers, and engineering services companies.
- Full ownership of tactical and strategic decisions. Top executive management authority.
- Training opportunities, especially for emerging technology.
- High-growth position in a high-growth company that is expanding its footprint within the region.
- Newly created position with high degree of freedom to direct team members and guide technical program direction.
- Leverage the company’s extensive fiber network assets to grow B2B and residential fiber network customer base.
- Make strategic decisions on fiber network builds, changes, and expansions.
- Improve network deployment efficiency and speed to maintain the company’s best-in-class fiber reputation.
- Make tactical decisions on all technical initiatives. Oversee technical and engineering teams as the top technical leader and goal-setter.
- Provide insight and expertise on the technology market, especially in the Midwest. Stay up to date on opportunities to grow through mergers and acquisitions.
- Drive acceptance of new fiber network technology and network construction/deployment processes.
- Work alongside CEO, CFO, and executive leadership team to drive company strategy. Collaborate with CTO and VP OSP Fiber to ensure top quality service delivery.
- Establish major project timelines and resource allocation.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and governing bodies.
- Develop plans for customer acceptance and integration with existing networks.
- 12+ years of industry experience in wireless/technology, with a strong technical background in fiber networks and FTTx (fiber to the home, fiber to the business, fiber to the X).
- Strong experience managing technical teams.
- Technical degree, such as BSEE. MBA or MS degree is a plus.
- Expertise in the following:
- Fiber optic networks
- Network deployment and construction
- Cellular towers
- Hosted network infrastructure
- Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) operations
- Connectivity in rural areas
- Management and/or technical certifications are a plus.
- Desire to disrupt and transform the networking industry.
- Hands-on leadership approach with ability to oversee projects from start to finish.