VP Sales (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Industrial IoT/M2M)
United States - Midwest
Number of Openings:
An efficient supply chain is critical for good cost management, and our client provides the best logistics and industrial equipment on the market. They are a market leader in advanced manufacturing technology, analytical software, warehouse equipment, and specialized robotics. They are hiring VP Sales to manage sales strategy in the high-volume Midwest region.
The VP Sales will direct an experienced senior sales team and grow market share at the enterprise level. This person will leverage their experience in the supply chain space to drive revenue and early adoption of new technology.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus and full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, family benefits, life insurance, and disability. Equity options available.
- Access to emerging technology products, including M2M (machine to machine), M2I (machine to interface), and specialized industrial equipment.
- Hire/fire authority, with a team of 30+ direct reports.
- Newly created position with strong support from executive management.
- Team is selling nationwide (and globally) to a growing logistics and supply chain market. The market is a prospect-rich environment.
- Strong advancement potential; company has a culture of promoting internally from their own organization.
- In charge of high-demand products for today’s warehouse-centric distribution environment.
- Unique solutions portfolio with few major competitors.
- Strong market growth is expected to continue into the next 10 years.
- High level of trust with existing customers and strong industry reputation.
- Opportunity to develop niche industry knowledge within the manufacturing technology space.
- Direct access to executive VPs and C-suite.
- Drive strategy for sales team, managing 30+ direct reports within sales team to identify, target, and convert new commercial and industrial prospects.
- Market sophisticated supply chain solutions within the industrial distribution space. Transition customers away from legacy solutions and towards smart supply chain and M2M-integrated manufacturing technology.
- Take advantage of a growing market to close high-profile deals with customers who are integrating advanced smart technology into their supply chain models.
- Communicate value in terms of a bottom-line profit conversation with high-profile clients.
- Develop business plans, financial reports, and market forecasts. Give feedback and market intelligence to executive management.
- 8+ years of experience leading a direct sales team, with a background in technical sales.
- Extensive industry experience in supply chain and plant manufacturing. Confident understanding of processes within manufacturing, distribution centers, warehouses, transportation, and end-to-end supply chain.
- Product knowledge of heavy machinery telematics, large vehicles, industrial manufacturing machinery, fasteners, and more.
- Exposure to advanced manufacturing solutions, including IoT/IIoT (industrial IoT), M2M, M2I, LoRa/NB-IoT, and other emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in management or supply chain. MBA is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Visio, SharePoint, and CRMs.
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills. Comfortable making technical presentation to decision-makers across many different industries.