Business Development Manager - Indoor Wireless Systems
New York, NY;
Number of Openings:
Our client is a market leader in DAS, small cell, fiber, and neutral host wireless solutions. Their small cell and iDAS products support large projects in low-signal, high-traffic areas. A wide range of industries use their products, including healthcare, sports venues, large office buildings, mass transit, hospitality, and more.
They are hiring a Director of Business Development to pilot the sales strategy for DAS and wireless carrier densification projects. This person will oversee business development within a high-demand market region. Their key focus is to hunt new sales opportunities with commercial real estate owners.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses, medical/dental/vision, 401K match, generous PTO, car/phone allowance, and other perks.
- Senior management position in a tech unicorn, overseeing a team of top salespeople in a capital-heavy environment.
- Leading role in large, multimillion-dollar infrastructure deals.
- $1B+ in capital investment funding within the past year. Company is in a strong financial position and has a highly profitable product line.
- Proven network infrastructure is trusted by all four major U.S. telecom carriers and many marquee clients, including the Empire State Building, CTA tunnels, the Barclays Center, Trump Tower, and Circuit of the Americas.
- Access to a dedicated sales engineer to assist with technical project specifications
- Local PM team, external relations team, and implementation team.
- Ownership of sales strategies at the direct and regional levels.
- Outstanding customer-focused perspective: excellent existing business relationships, history of success, environment focused on delivering top-notch services and densification services.
- Strong product demand is projected to steadily increase as Tier-2 demand grows for DAS and small cell solutions over the next decade.
- Exposure to most advanced small cell technology on the market, including streetlight-mounted small cells, dark fiber, and advanced network nodes.
- Develop strong business relationships with key decision-makers at the executive level within enterprises, venue owners, commercial property owners, and the public sector.
- Deliver sales proposals for in-building distributed network services, including iBwave design, commissioning, testing, zoning, construction, and operational support.
- Select and manage vendors for major implementation projects.
- Oversee regional sales strategy with a top-down approach: develop quarterly and annual strategies, set quotas, generate sales reports, and report to board.
- Meet with engineering team to develop cost-effective, customer-focused implementation strategies for network services.
- Develop strong monthly recurring monthly revenue through fiber and DAS end applications
- Anticipating customer needs and future projects, 3-year plans, and market demand, with an eye for cost effectiveness and customers’ internal team needs.
- Refine and optimize business processes, workflows, and sales tactics within the team.
- 6+ years in the wireless/telecom industry, with progressive experience in technical sales.
- Experience leading a sales team.
- Grasp of network infrastructure products, including:
- Small cells, distributed networks, and DAS / distributed antenna systems (iDAS, oDAS)
- D-RAN / distributed radio access networks
- Fiber network design and architecture
- Electrical engineering knowledge is a plus, but not required
- Persuasive communication style and the ability to effectively present complex technical sales proposals to venue owners, WSPs, and public sector decision-makers.
- Strong grasp of a real estate owner’s business model.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally in business or a related technical field.
- Strong negotiation and technical presentation skills; comfortable contacting and speaking to decision-makers.
- Some travel.