Channel Sales Manager – Manufacturing & Industrial Distributors
Greater Chicago, IL Area
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of industrial products for a wide range of industries, including agriculture, manufacturing, oil/energy, and engineering. Their products are renowned for top quality and the highest levels of customer service in the industry. They are hiring a Channel Sales Manager to develop sales strategies for the company’s domestic and international partners, resellers, and distributors.
The Channel Sales Manager will market a multimillion-dollar global industrial products suite. As a sales leader, their primary goal is to drive revenue for their partners and distributors. This person will pinpoint the best solutions to today’s unique market challenges while staying true to the company’s commitment to quality.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped commissions and performance bonuses. Full benefits package.
- Stable, well-established company in a mature industry; in in business for 50+ years, with several successful acquisitions in the past 5 years.
- Multi-generational family-owned business with excellent work-life balance.
- High quality standard: all products manufactured to ASME standards, in-house product experts, and comprehensive testing prior to delivery.
- Team of capable and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry.
- High employee tenure.
- Global manufacturing operations and a product portfolio of over 20,000 products.
- Highest industry recognitions for quality and service.
- Company leadership is open to new ideas and expansion, including product line expansion and international markets.
- Commitment to ethical sourcing: all materials are recycled/scrap or sourced from guaranteed conflict-free mines.
- Board and company management are heavily experienced in the industry, many with 20+ years of industry experience.
- Identify prime market areas where the company can grow: product line expansions, new distribution opportunities, and prospective clients.
- Foster new and existing relationships with industrial distributors, partners, and resellers.
- Develop and drive sales strategy for distributors and channel partners to deliver optimal product positioning, market expansion, and international operations.
- Guide sales and marketing program on branding, loyalty, customer pain points, market trends, potential prospect sources, and growth opportunities.
- Report sales performance to management. Deliver market forecasts and reports.
- Improve operational overhead through cost-saving initiatives, inventory control, streamlining manufacturing, supply chain improvements, and warehouse operations.
- 3+ years of experience in technical sales, ideally with experience in manufacturing/industrial markets.
- Good experience building relationships with industrial distributors.
- Strong understanding of boosting revenue through channel sales, partner relationships, and global distributors.
- Understanding of how to grow sales and develop new channels of revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.