DAS Design Engineer (In-building Wireless, Small Cell, iBwave)
Number of Openings:
Our client designs and installs enterprise-grade DAS in-building networks for clients who need the most advanced connectivity solutions on the market. With one of the highest customer satisfaction records in the industry, they are a leader in RF/DAS neutral host installations. They are approved by all major carriers and work extensively with tower companies and other neutral hosts. They are hiring a DAS Design Engineer to support in-building wireless design projects.
The DAS Design Engineer will be the hands-on expert driving major DAS and small cell deployments. In addition to technical expertise, they will contribute key deployment strategy and project specifications. Their skills will be a central selling point for customers looking for solutions backed by qualified professionals.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus.
- Full benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, 401(k) company match, skills training, travel expense reimbursement, and flexible work schedule.
- Carefully selected high-profile projects, including Fortune 500 companies, industrial campuses, universities, prominent office venues, and top enterprise property owners.
- Exposure to high-end wireless technology with significant market growth: enterprise-grade small cell, advanced DAS systems of various sizes, and new in-building technology.
- Leadership has an “engineers first” business strategy to deliver high quality. High employee tenure and a large resource pool.
- Access to VPs, directors, and senior directors; responsive and experienced management team.
- High degree of input both in technical project specifications as well as business strategy.
- Opportunity for advanced skills development, including on-the-job training, company-sponsored industry certification training programs, and more.
- Opportunity to work on different project areas, including design, pre-construction, installations, market strategy, and more.
- Meet with top clients to ascertain project specifications and create detailed DAS design proposals, including Class A high-rises, large enterprise venues, multi-building campus networks, and office buildings up to two million square feet.
- Act as the top technical design resource for DAS OEM deployment and construction teams, and meet with third party vendors.
- Collaborate with DAS project management team to create BOMs, budget, scope, and timeline.
- Assist project managers in setting project budgets, scope, and timelines. At a high level, assist with coordination of engineers and resources.
- Oversee field engineers and design engineers for in-building distributed antenna systems (DAS) and large small cell construction projects.
- 3+ years of in-building design experience in DAS and small cell projects from bid to close-out.
- Industry background in wireless/telecom, ideally with an OEM or neutral host.
- Technical proficiency with DAS commissioning and troubleshooting, DAS OEM equipment, RF antennas, and small cell installations
- iBwave certification
- DAS OEM certification, such as Corning, Commscope, SOLiD, MobileAccess, ADRF, TE, JMA, Tyco, etc.
- BSEE or related engineering degree.