Director of A&E
Number of Openings:
Our client is a top nationwide telecom integrator providing DAS and small cell design and implementation. Their highly-rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large offices buildings, airports, hospitals, stadiums, military projects, and convention centers. They are hiring a Director of A&E to oversee the architecture and engineering design team as they execute large specialty projects for major telecom carriers.
The Director of A&E has full responsibility for the team’s designs for major projects. They have full P&L responsibility and the freedom to grow the team as they expand into new markets. They will hire new members of the team, manage strategy, and oversee multimillion-dollar projects. This person will manage the teams and personnel involved in delivering high-value telecom structural engineering designs.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus. Full benefits package includes medical coverage, company match 401(K), car/phone/laptop allowance, expenses, travel, and more.
- High level of control over technical strategy.
- Hire/fire authority.
- P&L responsibility and large resource pool.
- Diverse, high-profile projects, from public infrastructure to luxury resort buildings.
- Company culture of investing in employees through training and continuing education.
- Experienced and knowledgeable C-suite who are technical experts in the industry.
- Resources to develop deep technical and managerial skills.
- Small, collaborative engineering team and engineer-centric company culture.
- Extensive client base of prestigious private and public sector projects.
- Supportive upper management and staff in engineering, customer services, and R&D.
- Regular opportunities to participate in trade shows, national and international industry conferences, and other high-visibility events.
- Coordinate major A&E initiatives for telecom customers. Assist PMs in setting scope, schedules, and budget.
- Manage P&L, including cost control, contracts, profitability, and revenue goals.
- Sign off on major project proposals and attend client meetings. Assist with contract negotiations.
- Assist with vendor selection and coordinate contractors and subcontractors.
- Oversee design and engineering team members and act as technical leader and goal-setter.
- Provide design expertise on proposals.
- Make key strategic and tactical decisions on all engineering and technical initiatives.
- Direct resources and team members to keep project delivery on target. Coordinate with upper management as projects evolve.
- Act as a resource regarding telecom industry guidelines, including FCC/FAA regulations and structural considerations for new projects.
- 10+ years of A&E management experience, including heavy experience with projects for the wireless/telecom industry.
- Strong team management experience of midsize engineering teams. Hands-on leadership style with ability to oversee a project from proposal to completion.
- Experience turning proposals into superbly executed projects with a keen attention to detail and quality.
- P&L management experience, and a strong grasp of business development and profit-loss.
- Active PE license.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (BSCE) or structural engineering.
- Strong technical understanding of telecom equipment, including:
- Small cells
- Cell towers
- Project budgeting and contract negotiation skills. Comfortable discussing contracts and technical details.
- Good understanding of PMBOK and project management documentation. PMP certification is a plus.
- Strong negotiation, leadership, and cross-functional collaboration skills.