Director of Civil Engineering
Las Vegas, NV
Number of Openings:
Our client designs and delivers large-scale civil and structural engineering projects nationwide, with projects that include luxury hotels, resorts, casinos, municipal infrastructure, traffic engineering, educational facilities, large commercial venues, and luxury high-rises. They are hiring a Director of Civil Engineering to oversee the civil engineering team as they execute large specialty projects for private and public sector clients.
The Director of Civil Engineering has full responsibility for the team’s projects and P&L. They will hire new members of the team, manage P&L, and oversee multimillion-dollar projects. This person will manage the teams and personnel involved in delivering high-value engineering designs.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus. Full benefits package includes medical coverage, company match 401(K), car/phone/laptop allowance, expenses, travel, and more.
- High level of control over technical strategy.
- Hire/fire authority.
- P&L responsibility and large resource pool.
- Diverse, high-profile projects, from public infrastructure to luxury resort buildings.
- Company culture of investing in employees through training and continuing education.
- Experienced and knowledgeable C-suite who are technical experts in the industry.
- Resources to develop deep technical and managerial skills.
- Small, collaborative engineering team and engineer-centric company culture.
- Extensive client base of prestigious private and public sector projects.
- Supportive upper management and staff in engineering, customer services, and R&D.
- Regular opportunities to participate in trade shows, national and international industry conferences, and other high-visibility events.
- Coordinate major commercial engineering projects. Assist PMs in setting scope, schedules, and budget.
- Manage P&L, including cost control, contracts, profitability, and revenue goals.
- Sign off on major project proposals and attend client meetings. Assist with contract negotiations.
- Oversee engineering team and act as technical leader and goal-setter. Provide insight and expertise on technology as it is being developed.
- Make key strategic and tactical decisions on all engineering and technical initiatives.
- Direct resources and team members to keep project delivery on target.
- Coordinate with CTO, CMO, and other members of upper management with updates as projects evolve.
- Make regular reports to senior management on team performance and profit-loss.
- Act as a resource regarding building guidelines and other relevant industry standards.
- 10+ years of civil/structural engineering experience, including large-scale engineering projects, such as hotels, retail, industrial, and commercial.
- Strong team management experience of midsize engineering teams. Hands-on leadership style with ability to oversee a project from proposal to completion.
- Experience turning proposals into superbly executed projects with a keen attention to detail and quality.
- P&L management experience, and a strong grasp of business development and profit-loss.
- Active PE license.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (BSCE).
- Project budgeting and contract negotiation skills. Comfortable discussing contracts and technical details.
- Project management software, such as Visio. GIS and CAD are a plus.
- Good understanding of PMBOK and project management documentation. PMP certification is a plus.
- Strong negotiation, leadership, and cross-functional collaboration skills.