Director of IoT Products (Semiconductors, Automotive)
Number of Openings:
Our client is a highly profitable, niche OEM of IoT devices, connected technology, and smart consumer electronics. They deliver solutions with top industry certifications and awards. They are hiring a Director of IoT Products to lead the company’s technical direction for advanced IoT-enabled automotive components.
The Director of IoT Products will have the unique opportunity to step into a thriving, growing technology company with a strong book of business and many emerging technology solutions. This person will manage all technical activities, including authority to drive the strategic direction of the IoT product development program.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus extensive benefits package, including performance bonuses, medical benefits, company stock/equity, and other perks. Relocation options available.
- Large operating budget; company has $500M+ in annual revenue with strong YOY growth.
- Newly created position with high degree of freedom to direct team members and guide technical program direction.
- Resources to grow and train the team.
- Opportunity to develop niche skills in the highly competitive IoT space.
- Diverse, successful portfolio of devices with a wide range of applications.
- High-performing executive leadership with deep technical industry experience.
- Outstanding industry reputation and growing customer base with high retention.
- High average tenure and a history of investing in employees and prioritizing career growth.
- Full ownership of tactical and strategic decisions. Top executive management authority.
- Training opportunities, especially for emerging technology.
- High-growth position in a high-growth company that is expanding its global footprint.
- Meet with customers to determine top pain points and business goals. Translate those requirements into technical R&D strategy for the automotive technology team.
- Make tactical decisions on technical initiatives.
- Provide insight and expertise on the technology market. Stay up to date on opportunities to grow through M&As, investments, and product development.
- Drive acceptance of new IoT technology and emerging technology in the automotive space.
- Establish major project timelines and resource allocation.
- Ensure products meet compliance standards set by regulatory and governing bodies.
- Develop plans for customer acceptance and integration.
- 10+ years of wireless/technology industry experience, with a strong background in technology components for the automotive industry.
- Understanding of the automotive industry, including Tier I and Tier II automaker markets, major OEMs, and technology production process.
- Strong experience in managing technical product strategy as well as business processes.
- P&L management, including deep understanding of profitability and revenue analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or a related technical field. MBA or MS degree is a plus.
- Technical depth in the following areas:
- Human-machine interface
- Face and gesture recognition
- Management and/or technical certifications are a plus.
- Commitment to best-practice security standards, encryption, secure access, and authentication.
- Hands-on leadership approach with ability to oversee projects from start to finish.
- Some domestic and international travel.