Director of Procurement (Wireless/Telecom Hardware, Supply Chain)
Santa Barbara, CA
Number of Openings:
Our client delivers top-quality equipment repair and maintenance for clients within wireless, telecom, and fiber network infrastructure. They source, install, and repair a vast range of hardware, including RF/DAS, wireless, and IoT. Their solutions are sought after by major carriers, network operators, neutral hosts, system integrators, and more. They are hiring a Director of Procurement to lead and streamline inventory sourcing and buying for the hardware division.
The Director of Procurement is a radical problem-solver equipped with a tenacious approach to sourcing. Their team sources a wide range of hardware globally, and they oversee the process and manage P&L. Their end goal is to balance timeliness, cost, and quality for the company’s hardware inventory.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus benefits package, including performance bonuses. Company equity, medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, travel perks, and more.
- Team of direct reports and hire/fire authority.
- Budgeting and P&L responsibility. Control over resource pool.
- High degree of autonomy and access to executive management.
- Upward mobility over next 5 years as company grows.
- High level of strategic influence and opportunity to expand.
- Management has outstanding industry knowledge, market knowledge, and technical expertise.
- In-house manufacturing and hands-on workplace culture; on-site engineering and R&D teams.
- Company is debt-free and expected to double revenue within 5 years.
- Lead a team of procurement manager direct reports within the hardware department in response to inventory requests for wireless/telecom equipment.
- Oversee operational activities for the procurement business unit. Closely manage timelines, pricing, orders, and day-to-day activities of the team.
- Assign and allocate resources. Maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Coach, mentor, and develop team. Deliver regular performance reviews and conduct training as necessary.
- Manage P&L and team budget. Deliver regular reports and forecasts.
- Improve workflow and business processes strategy. Sign-off authority on vendors for major projects.
- Communicate key issues and solutions to other team members, including the cross-functional team members. Develop strong business relationships across business units.
- 6+ years of technical team leadership experience at the director level, including leading technical teams of direct reports.
- Advanced understanding of inventory management, sourcing, and procurement.
- Understanding of the wireless/telecom hardware market, including major players (OEMs, neutral hosts, integrators, carriers, offshore manufacturers).
- Outstanding team leadership and operational skills. Keen deadline sensitivity.
- P&L management experience.
- Vendor management skills and experience managing SLAs and customer KPIs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.