Engineering Branch Manager - Civil, Structural, Utilities
United States - West Coast
Number of Openings:
Our client is an international leader in engineering services and consulting projects. Their team of engineering experts delivers engineering designs, planning, environmental studies, feasibility studies, project management, construction management, and more. They are hiring an Engineering Branch Manager to oversee project teams as they build tomorrow’s communities.
The Engineering Branch Manager will manage a thriving engineering office with specialties in civil, structural, and utilities engineering related to community and social infrastructure. They will be responsible for major contracts, P&L, business development strategy, project management, and growing the bottom line of the office.
This Role Offers
- Competitive base salary, performance bonuses, benefits package medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, life/disability insurance, expense account, and other perks.
- Growing market and business-friendly local governments.
- Company consistently wins bids for landmark projects.
- High level of freedom to drive the strategy for a profitable engineering office.
- Stable, respected company with high employee tenure.
- Advancement opportunities: tuition reimbursement, skills training, and more.
- Employees have the resources to develop deep technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Management is committed to providing the most advanced tools and engineering software.
- Outstanding company culture with supportive management and friendly workplace.
- Manage the overall strategy of an existing office in the Las Vegas area, with a high level of freedom to drive strategy and grow the business.
- Lead a team of engineers, project managers, and surveyors, providing strategic direction, training, performance reviews, and tools to improve performance.
- Full P&L responsibility for the office. Approve major contracts and set budgets and financial goals for the office.
- Identify and negotiate with new clients. Assist team with business development for major contracts.
- Run project meetings with executive management, regional managers, major clients, prospects, and outside vendors.
- Ensure accountability to quality standards, safety standards, deadlines, and budgets.
- 8+ years of PM experience for civil/structural engineering projects, with a heavy focus on utilities engineering projects. Prior experience with major commercial design projects is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (civil/structural engineering, architecture, construction management, surveying, etc.).
- Project management experience, especially within transportation, traffic, and DOT.
- Experience with business development and negotiation is helpful.
- Experience managing a team of direct reports.
- Active PE license for Nevada.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards for engineering, project planning, and construction.
- Excellent communication, team leadership, and business management skills.