GM / CEO (Cellular Networks, Towers, Fiber, 5G, Fixed Wireless)
Number of Openings:
Relocation assistance available.
Our client designs, builds, and contracts out infrastructure and fiber for cellular network assets. Their services are bringing high-speed broadband and other wireless services in urban and under-connected areas. Their towers and fiber infrastructure are used by all major carriers in the United States. They are hiring a GM / CEO to expand and manage commercial fixed wireless assets in Arizona.
The GM / CEO is an operations and technology expert who has a big-picture understanding of integrated advanced telecommunications technology. This person will oversee commercial network implementation, carrier network relations, and colocation strategy as the company builds 5G and FirstNet network infrastructure.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive salary plus benefits, performance bonuses, medical/dental/vision, profit-sharing, and more.
- Small, entrepreneurial company backed by a multimillion-dollar budget.
- Marquee customers, including enterprise, public sector, and major carriers.
- High-capacity fiber infrastructure already in place; huge growth potential.
- Centrally located office in the Phoenix metro area with convenient access to PHX airport.
- Opportunity to build industry experience in LTE/5G cellular networking technologies, as well as WiFi, small cell, fiber, cloud wireless, DAS, RF, and in-building technology.
- Big portfolio of projects for large enterprises, public venues, and facilities.
- Privately held company with strong financial backing.
- Manage operations and expansion projects for carrier-grade fixed wireless assets.
- Grow business unit from the ground up, with full P&L responsibility. Expand the team as company grows.
- Expand 5G and FirstNet projects.
- Oversee projects for a wide range of end applications, including public sector, carriers, commercial, and residential.
- Plan budgets and timelines for cellular network implementations, expansions, and infrastructure maintenance.
- Manage planned and unplanned outages and network issues.
- Coordinate internal/external teams for network operations and construction projects with budgets of up to $40 million.
- Develop business relationships with OEMs, MSOs, carriers, external teams, and customers. Run meetings and negotiations.
- Oversee site acquisition, quotes, implementation, and project completions.
- 6+ years of experience managing infrastructure projects within the telecom industry, with a focus on fiber or fixed wireless projects. Strong technical understanding of network assets.
- Experience managing P&L and building up business units from scratch.
- Experience working for one of the top four major US mobile carriers or an MSO (multiple system operators).
- Understanding of 4G, emerging 5G, FirstNet, and related emerging telecom technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related technical field. MBA is a plus.
- Excellent negotiation, project management, and operational skills.
- Some travel within Arizona.