Manager of Automation (CargoWise, Logistics, Freight Forwarding)
New York, NY;
Number of Openings:
Our client is a boutique logistics firm that delivers freight forwarding and customs brokerage services worldwide. They are hiring a Manager of Automation to drive technology adoption and improve automated workflows within the company’s global growth strategy.
The Manager of Automation will lead technology implementations for the back office as well as for customers. They will work with the IT team to roll out new software modules and assist the sales team to promote new product offerings to clients. This person will have a high level of authority to help guide the company’s strategy to stay on the forefront of the competitive freight-forwarding industry.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, family benefits, 401K, life/disability insurance.
- High visibility; reports directly to C-suite.
- Strong financial position within a booming market
- Outstanding industry reputation and stable customer base.
- High employee tenure.
- Millions of dollars in assets and strong partnerships nationwide.
- Strong customer focus and many awards for quality customer experience and service integrity.
- History of investing in employees and prioritizing career growth.
- Develop and execute innovation strategy for sophisticated global logistics solutions. Full responsibility for planning and rolling out new software features and technical improvements, especially within CargoWise software.
- Track and analyze back-end usage of CargoWise software and identify opportunities to automate workflows and processes. Make reports to management.
- Conduct end-user training on CargoWise features and use cases to improve efficiency, business processes, and functionality within the software.
- Collaborate with sales team to identify customer pain points and desired features. Work to roll out top-priority innovations and market new features effectively to customers.
- Develop business plans, financial reports, and market forecasts. Give feedback and market intelligence to executive management.
- Keep tabs on customer experience and improve KPIs related to service delivery.
- Advise C-suite on key strategic decisions related to technology, software, workflow improvements, and other innovations.
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience, specifically with improving technical adoption of an existing CRM platform.
- Advanced expertise with CargoWise One, including the following modules within the platform:
- Accounting, invoicing, and receivables module
- Integrated communication functionality
- Sales and marketing CRM
- HR and recruitment module
- Process workflows
- EDM (electronic document management) feature
- Database querying and data analysis skills, including SQL querying.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. MBA is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Visio and SharePoint.
- Confident understanding of global logistics: import/export, customs brokerage, freight forwarding, and air/ocean transportation.
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills. Comfortable making technical presentation to decision-makers and end users.