Principal Design Engineer (Wireless Medical Devices)
Number of Openings:
Our client is a top manufacturer and OEM of advanced medical devices and biomedical electronics. They deliver solutions for a diverse range of healthcare applications, including cardiac monitoring, physical therapy, medical imaging, clinical monitoring, and medical instrumentation. They are hiring a Principal Design Engineer to develop hardware electrical components for medical devices.
The Principal Design Engineer is a medical devices expert who contributes design and testing expertise to the product development lifecycle. They will have technical ownership over a variety of commercial products in the medical device field. Their products will include electrical and circuit design for both analog and mixed-signal devices.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and more.
- Opportunity to develop niche skills in the highly competitive medical devices space.
- Diverse, successful portfolio of devices with a wide range of applications for hospitals and doctors.
- Highly experienced leadership with an extensive hardware/electrical background at large enterprises and successful start-up companies, deep technical expertise, and R&D experience.
- Financially stable company with low employee turnover.
- Company is in the middle of a highly successful expansion of its products into international markets.
- Agile and responsive team with an entrepreneurial mindset, backed by the resources of a multimillion-dollar company.
- High level of control over project goals, process, and software platform features.
- Opportunity to work with a highly successful and respected OEM.
- Oversee the product design and prototyping of medical devices, from concept to hand-off to manufacturing.
- Develop system architecture and collaborate with firmware engineers and system engineers to test and validate features.
- Lead a cross-functional technical team in developing electrical product components, including PCBs and mixed signal hardware/firmware.
- Meet with customers and manufacturing team to gather and synthesize system requirements and technical specifications.
- Conduct rigorous verification/validation testing strategy, debugging, and issue tracking. Coordinate with clinical trials to ensure a high level of product integrity and safety.
- Ensure products comply with regulatory requirements and FDA regulations.
- 6+ years of experience designing hardware for medical devices, with a heavy emphasis on electrical/circuit design.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, hardware design, biomedical engineering, or signal processing.
- Technical leadership experience as part of commercial product development teams. Strong skills in design, verification, testing, and DSM (design for manufacturing).
- Technical understanding of:
- Signal processing
- Device memory
- PCBs and electronics schematics
- Documentation skills, including documentation specific to the medical device industry.
- Strong understanding of the body-machine interface.
- Firmware experience is a plus.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.