Principal Electrical Engineer – Medical Devices, Sensors, Wearables
United States - East Coast
Number of Openings:
Our client is a top manufacturer and OEM of advanced smart biomedical devices and connected electronics. They deliver solutions for a diverse range of healthcare applications, including clinical monitoring, exercise, imaging, safety, and medical instrumentation. They are hiring a Principal Electrical Engineer to develop hardware, firmware, and electrical components for advanced medical devices.
The Principal Electrical Engineer will lead a technical team in developing hardware/firmware components for biomechanical and medical applications. This person will have a high level of control over the scope and features within the devices.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and more.
- Opportunity to develop niche skills in the highly competitive medical devices space.
- Diverse, successful portfolio of devices with a wide range of applications for hospitals and doctors.
- Highly experienced leadership with an extensive hardware/electrical background at large enterprises and successful start-up companies, deep technical expertise, and R&D experience.
- Financially stable company with low employee turnover.
- Company is in the middle of a highly successful expansion of its products into international markets.
- Agile and responsive team with an entrepreneurial mindset, backed by the resources of a multimillion-dollar company.
- High level of control over project goals, process, and software platform features.
- Opportunity to work with a highly successful and respected OEM.
- Oversee the full product lifecycle of medical devices, from concept to hand-off.
- Lead a cross-functional technical team in developing electrical product components, including FPGA PCBs and mixed signal hardware/firmware.
- Meet with customers and manufacturing team to gather and synthesize system requirements and technical specifications. Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource.
- Conduct lab analysis, system testing, debugging, and issue tracking. Coordinate with clinical trials.
- Develop and execute rigorous verification/validation testing strategy to ensure a high level of product integrity and safety.
- Ensure products comply with regulatory requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering and product design, including heavy experience in the biomedical or medical device industry.
- Technical leadership experience of hardware design teams.
- Strong skills in design, verification, and testing.
- Technical understanding of:
- Signal processing
- Biometrics wearables and sensors
- PCBs and electronics schematics
- Master’s degree or higher in biomedical engineering or biomechanical engineering; or MSEE combined with advanced experience in the medical device industry.
- Understanding of security standards and industry best practices for encryption, secure access, and authentication.
- Deep understanding of relationship between software and the physical layer, and the body-machine interface.
- Knowledge of IoT/M2M, GPS, GNSS, and Bluetooth are a plus.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.