Sr. R&D Chemist (Adhesives, Sealants, Coatings)
Los Angeles, CA
Number of Openings:
Relocation assistance available.
Our client is a Fortune 500 manufacturing leader who specializes in products and components for a wide range of industries, including cosmetics, aerospace, plastics, automotive, and more. They are hiring a Sr. R&D Chemist to develop structural adhesive products as part of a technical development team, backed by the resources of a multibillion-dollar company.
The Sr. R&D Chemist will work hands-on in the lab to develop new solutions in structural adhesives. In addition to product development, they will have authority to drive improvements within chemical manufacturing.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus a comprehensive benefits plan, including healthcare options, company 401(k) match, and annual performance bonuses.
- Newly remodeled, state-of-the-art analytical lab with new equipment, library, large budget, and many resources.
- Dedicated test and measurement team.
- High visibility and level of influence, with many career advancement paths.
- Culture of technical excellence.
- Opportunity to attend company-funded technical conferences and other events.
- Many free training options.
- Opportunity to develop highly relevant and in-demand products and components.
- Industry experience in a respected, stable, multibillion-dollar Fortune 500 company whose history spans over 100 years of quality and success.
- Dynamic, market-responsive work environment with a strong focus on high quality products and the end customer.
- Team of capable, experienced, and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry; very high average employee tenure.
- Global network of world-class manufacturing and research plants.
- Drive R&D and product development efforts for structural adhesive products (polyurethane, acrylic, and epoxy).
- Design and implement plans to research, synthesize, characterize, and test new products and materials.
- Take products through full development lifecycle, from bench to qualification, to scaling, manufacturing, and commercialization.
- Support QA efforts to test, analyze, and troubleshoot new products as part of the manufacturing and scaling up process.
- Work with supply chain and procurement to ensure the sourcing of high-quality raw materials.
- Act as a subject matter expert on structural adhesives, their formulation, testing, manufacturing, and applications.
- Collaborate with technical team and other departments regarding major product development projects.
- 6+ years of experience in applied chemistry, including some experience working in an R&D environment.
- Specialized knowledge of structural adhesives, including:
- Experience in adhesive synthesis, characterization, and application testing.
- Master’s degree in chemistry or material sciences. PhD is a plus.
- Understanding of the product manufacturing process.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to R&D problems.
- Able to interpret problems and present clear, actionable solutions to people across a range of departments.