Regional Sales Manager (Industrial Products & Power Transmission)
Lake Forest, IL (North Chicago Area)
Number of Openings:
Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of industrial products for a wide range of industries, including agriculture, manufacturing, oil/energy, and engineering. Their products are renowned for top quality and the highest levels of customer service in the industry. They are hiring a Regional Sales Manager to grow the customer base within end clients, OEMs, resellers, and distributors.
The Regional Sales Manager will market a multimillion-dollar product suite, including power transmission, power supply, industrial products, and more. As a sales leader, their primary goal is to drive revenue and build new sales relationships. This person will pinpoint the best solutions to today’s unique market challenges while staying true to the company’s commitment to quality.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped commissions and performance bonuses. Full benefits package.
- Stable, well-established company in a mature industry; in in business for 50+ years, with several successful acquisitions in the past 5 years.
- Multi-generational family-owned business with excellent work-life balance.
- High quality standard: all products manufactured to ASME standards, in-house product experts, and comprehensive testing prior to delivery.
- Team of capable and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry.
- High employee tenure.
- Global manufacturing operations and a product portfolio of over 20,000 products.
- Highest industry recognitions for quality and service.
- Company leadership is open to new ideas and expansion, including product line expansion and international markets.
- Commitment to ethical sourcing: all materials are recycled/scrap or sourced from guaranteed conflict-free mines.
- Board and company management are heavily experienced in the industry, many with 20+ years of industry experience.
- Identify prime market areas where the company can grow: product line expansions, new distribution opportunities, and prospective clients.
- Foster new and existing relationships with enterprises, industrial clients, OEMs, and distributors.
- Develop and drive sales strategy for distributors and clients to deliver optimal product positioning, market expansion, and international operations.
- Guide sales and marketing program on branding, loyalty, customer pain points, market trends, potential prospect sources, and growth opportunities.
- Report sales performance to management. Deliver market forecasts and reports.
- Improve operational overhead through cost-saving initiatives, inventory control, streamlining manufacturing, supply chain improvements, and warehouse operations.
- 5+ years of experience in industrial sales to medium and large end clients and distributors.
- Technical understanding of power supply, generators, power distribution, power transmission, and related industrial products. OEM experience is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of the distributor market is a strong plus.
- Broad vision of market trends covering a wide range of buyer industries: oil/energy, manufacturing, agriculture, industrial engineering, construction, food production, forestry, civil engineering, and manufacturing.
- Understanding of how to grow sales profitability in an increasingly global supply chain market.
- Keen business acumen and the ability to accurately forecast and navigate market challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Some travel.