Solutions Architect (Data/IP Networks, Connectivity, IoT, Cloud)
Number of Openings:
Our client is a top innovator of wireless broadband, managed cloud, and IoT equipment and services. They have a global customer base of market-leading enterprises across many industries. Their solutions include cloud and connectivity services, embedded wireless/IoT modules, and mobile network architecture solutions. They are hiring a Solutions Architect who will develop solution designs for customer projects.
The Solutions Architect is a key team member in building customer solutions for one of the most advanced connectivity and wireless network providers in the world. As a top technical authority in the solutions development team, they will architect embedded software, wireless products, IoT, and connectivity solutions for a wide range of end applications.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual bonus, medical insurance, 401(k), and more.
- Direct access to VP, SVP, GM, and other members of senior management.
- Anti-micromanaging culture and supportive executive management.
- Opportunity to work with major carriers, mobile network operators (MNOs and MVNOs), and top enterprises.
- Sizeable budget and extensive support resources and tools.
- Worldwide business unit with many growth opportunities.
- Conduct pre-sales engineering for enterprise cloud and PaaS (platform-as-a-service) solutions.
- Meet with top clients for technical discussions of business needs. Synthesize business requirements and work with PMs and other team members to develop RFPs and SOWs.
- Assist in the architecture and planning for enterprise-grade networks that communicate efficiently with IoT and mobile devices.
- Develop protocols for data transfer between cloud-hosted applications and devices.
- Configure public wireless networks and mobile gateways.
- Act as the top technical authority for cloud solutions and embedded software.
- 10+ years combined industry experience in embedded software, wireless, telecom, or cellular networks.
- Advanced experience developing or implementing enterprise-grade solutions in cloud computing or software.
- Technical stack:
- Cellular networking: 4G, LTE, EVDO/CDMA, HSPA, SMS
- Device level: IoT, M2M, 5G-enabled devices, embedded software, SIM
- IP networking: IPSec, IP addressing, GRE, Wireshark, firewalls
- Virtualization: cloud storage, cloud computing, VPN,
- Routing: OSPF, RIP, BGP, DHCP
- Other: Linux, JSON, RESTful APIs
- Bachelor’s degree in IT management, computer science, or electrical engineering.
- Big picture perspective of how networks fit together and communicate.
- Some travel to client sites.