Sr. Field Network Engineer
Number of Openings:
Our client is a top innovator of wireless broadband, managed cloud, and smart network devices. They have a global customer base of wireless OEMs, mobile operators, and global carriers. They are hiring a Sr. Field Network Engineer who will work directly with customers to optimize network performance.
The Sr. Field Network Engineer supports one of the most advanced network providers in the world. As part of the operations center, they will resolve technical issues and design network solutions for business-critical needs. Additionally, they will work some of the most advanced technology on the market, including IoT-enabled networks, 5G, and more.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus incentives, healthcare insurance options, company match 401(k), and more.
- Opportunity to work in a technology-forward company that prioritizes quality and efficiency.
- Exposure to 5G, IoT, and other emerging tech.
- Strong mentorship, training, and career advancement opportunities from senior colleagues.
- Company is strongly positioned for growth in the wireless/telecom sector.
- Extensive support resources and tools, including engineering team, IT team, solutions managers, and mentors.
- Highly experienced team with decades of experience in wireless/telecom and other high-tech industry niches.
- Resolve network issues in the field related to connectivity, traffic flow, security, and network capacity.
- Configure, troubleshoot, implement, and maintain network infrastructure and equipment.
- Support policies for incident management, disaster recovery, business continuity, security for mission-critical technology, and recommend improvements.
- Assist in developing metrics and processes for workflow improvements, risk assessment, and business process improvements.
- Continuously improve network security according to industry best practices.
- Act as a technical resource for the network operations and system administration team.
- 5+ years of experience with network engineering, ideally supporting a 24x7 environment.
- Technical stack:
- Protocols: IP protocols, routers/switches, firewalls, DNS, SNMP
- Linux, Windows OS
- Scripting: Bash, Perl, PowerShell
- VMware: Site Recovery Manager (SRM), replication, vSphere 6
- Wireshark (protocol analysis, embedded packet capture, etc.)
- tcpdump (packet analysis)
- Load balancing
- SAN (Storage Area Networks)
- Cisco certifications, ideally CCIE.
- Other industry certifications (e.g. MCSE, VMware) are a strong plus.
- Strong communication, technical documentation, and analysis skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience.
- Some travel.