Sr. System Engineer (Cisco, VMWare, Managed Services)
Number of Openings:
Our client offers managed IT services in the greater Chicago area with an outstanding commitment to service to their many SMB and enterprise customers. Their projects include back-up, data storage, virtualization, and cloud infrastructure. They are hiring a Sr. System Engineer to support migrations, deployments, and other managed services for industry-leading clients.
The Sr. System Engineer will deploy and support software and hardware from Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, and other leading providers. The person in this role will have access to an extensive range of support resources, as well as training and career advancement opportunities.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses.
- Full benefits package, including free Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical, dental, PTO, travel expense account, company cell phone and laptop, and 401(k) company match.
- Flexible schedule and work-from-home options.
- High level of visibility and responsibility – reports directly to CIO.
- No bureaucracy. Family-oriented culture with great work-life balance.
- Opportunity to work with top clients and Cisco’s industry-leading products and technology.
- Excellent industry reputation; company has earned recognition for customer satisfaction excellence
- Relationships with major companies in the wireless and networking space.
- Company has history of strong growth.
- Sponsorship for industry certifications and training.
- Plan and execute IT migrations for SMB and enterprise customers in a wide range of industries. Support end users before and after migration.
- Deploy, configure, tune, and troubleshoot Windows Server, Azure, Office 365, Active Directory, and other applications for end users.
- Oversee managed services for various customers.
- Collaborate with end customer’s product managers, engineers, roll-out teams, and other members as a liaison on support issues.
- Advise clients on best practices for security policies.
- Maintain systems documentation and configuration diagrams.
- Provide high-level support for end clients, including backup, disaster recovery, information security, and virtualization.
- 6+ years of experience in IT system engineering, with a focus on migrations, deployments, configuration, performance tuning, and security.
- Strong technical experience in:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Cisco routing & switching
- Major security and disaster recovery software (Datto, Sophos, VMWare)
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Industry certifications are a plus (e.g. Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, or others).
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Up to 40% local travel.