Wireless Product Manager (Cellular, Mobility, LTE)
Number of Openings:
Our client provides a full range of market-leading wireless solutions, including DAS design, deployment, maintenance, and more. Their strong commitment to long-term customer relationships has earned them a strong market reputation. They are hiring a Wireless Product Manager to oversee key product enhancements to the next generation of their industry-leading products.
The Wireless Product Manager is open due to growth in the mobility and wireless equipment market. As a key member of the product development team, this person will drive new products developed for high-profile commercial clients in the wireless space.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses.
- Full benefits: medical/dental/vision, PTO, 401(K), expense account, and more.
- Report directly to the CIO; high visibility with VPs and Directors.
- Strong team dynamic and a focus on rewarding individual contributions.
- Feature-rich, price-competitive solutions backed by top-level field support.
- Company management has deep technical expertise and excellent industry reputation.
- Agility of a small company with the funding of a large company.
- Large target market and history of strong growth.
- Strong partnerships with major telecom carriers and OEMs.
- Zero debt, financially stable company.
- Dynamic, well-funded product team that is top of the industry and poised to take advantage of new markets.
- Manage product lifecycle from end to end. Develop value propositions and business cases for products related to LTE, mobility, IaaS, and wireless internetworking.
- Interface with high-level customers across a wide range of industry verticals to gather business requirements for new products.
- Develop detailed profiles of target customer data and niche market opportunities. Assist business development team with identifying and qualifying ideal prospects.
- Build product “pipeline” to roll out new products and product versions. Diversify product line and value-added services to address key market areas.
- Oversee product launches and go-to-market strategy.
- Collaborate with engineering, marketing, and R&D teams to support product branding, roadmaps, customer-facing material, go-to-market strategy, and PR.
- Produce data sheets, product feature marketing materials, technical user manuals, product specifications, and other related documentation.
- Make regular reports to senior management on product development timeline, marketing strategy, competitive intelligence, compliance laws, and relevant market trends for the managed services and cloud space.
- Give product demonstrations and prepare compelling proposals and RFQs to convey value proposition.
- 9+ years of experience in the wireless/telecom industry, with experience in product development and product strategy.
- Deep technical understanding of wireless products, including:
- 4G and LTE, including core networking
- Mobile devices
- IP networks
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field, such as electrical engineering or computer science.
- Project management is a strong plus.
- Direct experience working for a major carrier, neutral host, integrator, or OEM is a plus.
- Technical documentation skills, including whitepapers, data sheets, product sheets, report documentation, and product manuals.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with third-party vendors, internal teams, senior management, partners, and customers.
- Some travel (20%).