Number of Openings:
Our client is a niche home goods retailer/manufacturer delivering top products and components worldwide. They are hiring an Accounting Manager to support accounting activities within the company. This person will take charge of a thriving, experienced accounting team.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for delivering sound financial advice and achieving goals for the accounting team. They and the team will be responsible for monthly close activities, A/P, A/R, financial reporting, and related accounting activities.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including full covered Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, and semi-annual performance bonuses.
- Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie and respect.
- Strong potential for promotion.
- Visibility to senior management.
- Excellent vacation package and strong work/life balance.
- Multiple career advancement paths: can develop niche skills in accounting or move upward into management.
- Large pool of financial resources and software tools.
- Support and funding for industry certifications and skills development.
- Oversee accounting processes, including reconciliation, A/P, A/R, invoicing, collections, shipping credits, and related activities.
- Complete audits to identify and correct errors, compliance issues, and inefficiencies.
- Locate inefficiencies and missed opportunities in accounting practices.
- Manage one direct report, with the potential to grow managerial duties.
- Document accounting activities and procedures, and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, US GAAP, and other regulations.
- Conduct quarterly analysis and related financial reporting. Build financial models and forecasts. Analyze financial statements, supporting schedules, and yields. Present analysis to executive management with recommended actions.
- 6+ years of public accounting experience, including experience with retail clients.
- Experience in auditing controls, risks, inventory, manufacturing, and operational processes.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks or other industry-standard accounting software.
- CPA, CFE, or CIA certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Excellent communication skills; strong attention to detail and process.