Business Development Manager (Supply Chain Management Software)
United States - Northeast
Number of Openings:
Our client provides supply chain management software and solutions for a global customer base of 50,000+ professionals covering major markets worldwide. Their solutions are used across many industries in over 100 countries around the world. They have created a new role for a Business Development Manager to drive an exciting new nationwide sales program for their industry-leading solutions and services.
The Business Development Manager will have a high degree of freedom to develop lasting executive-level relationships for the association’s wide-ranging suite of products. They will have access to top-level executive decision-makers and the opportunity to break into new markets.
This Role Offers:
- Base salary plus commission plan with built-in accelerators for top performers.
- Over-the-top benefits package: medical/prescription/dental/vision, dependent care, 401(K) match, mass transit coverage, tuition sponsorship, and flexible expense accounts.
- Multiple Best Place to Work awards: 10/10 work-life balance, collaborative environment, newly renovated office, company-sponsored events, award-winning cafeteria, and volunteer opportunities.
- Beautiful, modern office centrally located near the Chicago downtown and Blue Line mass transit stops.
- No cost-cutting nonprofit atmosphere—dynamic and business-minded management team is focused on reinvesting in the team and has approved a record budget for channel team this year.
- Newly-created position with multiple flexible career advancement tracks and training options.
- Sponsorship to attend top industry events, conferences, and trade shows.
- Plan and manage sales cycle for supply chain management software and related products. Build lead generation pipeline, partner acquisition strategy, and partner development program.
- Deliver sales presentations to decision-makers at the enterprise level.
- Develop strong relationships within the supply chain vertical.
- Grow revenue through flourishing partner relationships with decision-makers across a range of industries. Discover their business needs and provide tools to meet their goals.
- Assist marketing team in partner training and marketing campaigns.
- Work with business analysis team to report monthly pipeline activity and regional market forecasts.
- 7+ years of experience in enterprise business development, with an emphasis on value-added consultative selling, relationship development, and building sales strategy from the ground up.
- Background in sales management at the enterprise level, especially for solutions related to supply chain management.
- Familiarity with market trends and major industry players.
- Relationship-building, negotiation, and presentation skills; comfortable speaking with executive decision-makers across many industries.
- Strong customer-facing skills and a commitment to an excellent customer experience.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, business, or a related field.
- Some travel (business expense account provided).