Construction Project Engineer
United States - Arizona
Number of Openings:
Our client delivers top-quality commercial real estate and construction services in the Southwest. The demand for high-quality infrastructure is growing fast, and they are hiring a Construction Project Engineer to oversee multimillion-dollar projects in healthcare, commercial office, multifamily housing, mixed-used, and more.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus full benefits package: medical coverage, vacation time, retirement account with 401(K) company match, free travel, expense account, and other perks.
- Large, stable company with a long history of success.
- Management culture that is highly receptive to feedback and industry experience.
- Exciting projects for large commercial venues, hospitals, airports, schools, and the public sector.
- Access to top-of-the-line technology, resources, and internal support personnel.
- Company culture of investing in its employees through career advancement and continuing education, plus top-level industry experience.
- Tight-knit team with good work-life balance.
- Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures.
- Opportunity to cover many unique types of projects. Every single day is different.
- Collaborate with PM and construction teams on projects from end to end.
- Review and sign off on contracts, change orders, and document control standards. Assist with responding to RFIs.
- Evaluate design submittals, shop drawings, and design changes. Attend design reviews and give detailed feedback.
- Supervise project documentation, including job site activity records, as-built drawings, and project close-out documents.
- Contribute to project planning, including scope, budget, timeline, estimates, and vendor selection.
- Attend and document meetings with architects, engineers, PMs, and inspectors.
- Adhere to a high standard of safety and quality on work sites.
- 3+ years of project engineering experience in commercial or industrial construction projects.
- Strong knowledge of project documentation, including design, materials pricing, and other expenses for construction projects.
- Able to interpret blueprints, plans, shop drawings, and other design documents.
- Can effectively communicate with a wide range of cross-functional team members: high-profile clients, construction teams, engineers, vendors, customers, utilities, and more.
- Industry certifications (such as PMP, RCDD, or PE license) are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (construction management, structural engineering, etc.).
- Some travel.