CSO / Chief Sales Officer (Telecom & Connectivity)
Number of Openings:
Our client is an up-and-coming leader in telecom infrastructure technology. Their products are powering the new generation of connectivity solutions. Major telecom carriers and midsize solutions providers rely on their technology, with end applications in HetNet, IoT, 4G/LTE and emerging 5G. They are hiring a CSO to pilot their company growth strategy as the company continues its growth trend.
The CSO will be a revenue-focused technology expert who is ready to take charge in a growing organization. Their primary focus is to build the team‘s market strategy for connectivity technology. Their secondary focus is to capitalize on the team’s strengths to implement a successful growth strategy that takes advantage of strong market demand.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, medical/dental/vision, and stock options.
- High visibility: report directly to CEO.
- Newly created role driving a high-performing sales team.
- Strongly diversified group with high-demand products and services in a niche that is expected to sustain strong growth through the next decade.
- Opportunity to develop a young, mid-size company.
- Nationwide business development team with a strong network of support reps.
- Affordable, profitable portfolio of products and solutions.
- Company culture of transparency and talent meritocracy.
- Personalized, engaged approach towards end customers, strong branding and marketing persona development backed up by cutting-edge data collection techniques.
- Strong team of top engineers, business development reps, and customer service reps.
- Develop revenue strategy and collaborate with the board to develop strategy for inside/outside sales, channel partners, marketing, and business development.
- Manage company-wide revenue metrics (including P&L). Deliver reports to CEO, CFO, and other C-suite members. Redirect unprofitable areas of focus and grow key market areas.
- Oversee nationwide business development, setting goals for each region and managing performance.
- Monitor customer experience and customer segmentation. Work with marketing team to develop customer personas and assess needs. Measure acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Manage a team and provide strong top-down support, including team-building, individual development, and performance coaching. Interview and hire key individual contributors and managers.
- Occasionally engage with major clients as the “face” of the organization, including major carriers and midsize wireless solutions firms.
- Stay on top of market trends. Future-proof the company’s long-term success by incorporating new technologies (5G networks, IoT, SD-WAN) into sales strategy.
- 12+ years of experience in sales and marketing, with proven success driving strategy at the director level or higher.
- Background in the wireless/telecom industry, with a strong understanding of the market.
- Experience managing large sales territories and setting goals.
- Strong customer focus: keen understanding of acquisition, deal lifecycle, retention, and customer experience.
- P&L management experience. Proficiency in generating meaningful reports on revenue, sales forecasts, customer acquisition, and other related metrics.
- Excellent leadership skills. Experience with coaching performance, goal-setting, and team development.
- Strong grasp of telecom technology and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a technical field. MBA or M.S. Finance is a strong plus.
- Prior experience working with (or as a supplier for) a major carrier, master agent, or OEM is a plus.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.